A meta-analysis of studies determined the effectiveness of acupuncture in relieving cancer-related fatigue in patients with cancer, comparing the alternative treatment with sham acupuncture, typical care, and American ginseng.
Sudden exhaustion syndrome is being proposed as a new descriptor to better characterize abrupt fatigue in persons with cancer.
Recent studies investigated how diet and two dietary supplements could reduce this debilitating side effect of cancer and its treatment.
A home walking program significantly improves fatigue levels and physical functioning in persons with pancreatic and periampullary cancers.
Physical activity was associated with important positive effects on physical functions and quality of life in persons who had completed their treatment for cancer.
The search for the cause of a patient's fatigue and shortness of breath reminded a nurse to remember the little details in the big picture.
Women most affected by fatigue following treatment for breast cancer also suffer episodes of depression and body-image deterioration, neck and shoulder pain, and limited arm movement
Yoga helped women with breast cancer overcome fatigue, achieve a better quality of life, and experience better physical functioning and general health during and after radiation treatment.
Effective management of this nonspecific and varied symptom is based on the underlying mechanisms of action.
What role does medication play in managing fatigue? Can neuropathy from oxaliplatin therapy be effectively treated or prevented?
Some patients may benefit from treatment with a psychostimulant to help with cancer-related fatigue, according to a study presented at the 2010 Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|