A cross-sectional study investigated the other skin cancer prevention habits of people who use sunless tanning to reduce their UV exposure.
A post-hoc analysis of the VIDA study sought to determine if vitamin D levels influence risk for cancer and/or cancer prevention.
Researchers merged data from the Oslo diet and antismoking study with data from the Cancer Registry of Norway and the Norwegian Cause of Death Registry to determine if lifestyle changes that improved CHD rates in men would be as effective against cancer.
A new US Preventive Services Task Force Evidence Report is suggesting that greater efforts are needed to educate children and young adults with fair skin about risks of sun exposure. Although the Task Force recommendations are directed at primary care, its members are encouraging oncology nurses to take note of these new findings.
A study presented at the 2018 ONS Annual Congress explored the feasibility of an advanced practice nurse-led lung cancer screening program at ambulatory outpatient clinics.
Researchers sought to determine the factors that influenced a decision to undergo skin cancer screening among more than 30,000 adults who have ever used an indoor tanning device and nontanners.
In a review of nearly 200,000 patients from a Midwest metropolitan area, researchers sought to determine if chronic aspirin use would offer the same risk reduction for melanoma as has been seen in various cancers.
Finasteride recipients had a 21.1% decreased risk of prostate cancer compared with placebo recipients, researchers found.
A logistic regression analysis determined the effect receiving a false-positive result had on future participation in cancer screenings.
1. Enrollment in Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) Accountable Care Organizations (ACO) was associated with a decrease in breast cancer screening, increase in colorectal cancer screening, and decreased prostate cancer screening, reflecting more appropriate utilization of screening tests. 2. Changes in breast and colon cancer screening were strongly influenced by participant age. Evidence Rating Level: 
The U.S Preventive Services Task Force recommends counseling for fair-skinned individuals younger than 24 years, and selective counseling is recommended for adults.
1. Behavioral interventions increase sun protection behavior but do not reduce sunburn or skin cancer outcomes. 2. Behavior interventions lead to increased skin self-examinations but may lead to additional skin procedures without finding additional skin cancers. Evidence Rating Level: 1 (Excellent) Study Rundown: While melanoma comprises 2% of all skin cancers, it causes more than 
Investigators conducted a prospective observational study involving patients with stage III colon cancer to examine the correlation of nut intake with cancer mortality.
PanCan study results demonstrate the effectiveness of a novel predictive model in identifying risk of lung cancer in patients who do not meet the screening criteria of other models, including those used in the NLST.
Researchers investigated the effect of drinking coffee on risk of several cancers, and in addition, the coffee drinkers were stratified by smoking status.
Screening mammography programs increased early detection of tumors, improving outcomes for those women; however, these programs also increased detection of tumors that would never pose a clinical problem.
E-cigarettes used with nicotine-based liquid have the same potential to produce cancer-causing DNA damage as unfiltered regular cigarettes.
Although screening is often recommended as the first line of prevention for most cancers, recent recommendation from the USPSTF advises against thyroid cancer screening in nonsymptomatic adults.
A common beta blocker, carvedilol, is found to have preventive properties against the sun-induced cell damage that leads to skin cancer.
ASCO offers global recommendations for HPV vaccination tailored to structural resource levels of regions.
Self-persuasion is more effective than external persuasion for motivating low-income parents to vaccinate their children against HPV.
Patients were more comfortable with their decisions about lung cancer screening after a shared decision-making visit.
ACS colorectal cancer statistics show an overall decrease in incidence due to increases in screening rates; however, age-related incidence is trending up in younger persons, down in older persons.
E-cigarettes and replacement nicotine therapy deposit fewer harmful chemicals in the body that smoking.
Results of a series of Internet surveys revealed customers' perceptions of harms, benefits, and limitations of genetic information received from direct-to-consumer genetic testing.
Annual counseling could reduce prevalence and prevent many smoking-attributable fatalities.
Comparison studied the effectiveness of sun protection offered by a beach umbrella alone with that of sunscreen with a high sun protection factor.
Researchers compared the effectiveness of NSAIDs, aspirin, and several nutritional supplements for the prevention of recurrent adenomatous neoplasia after colon polyp removal.
Researchers report on their evaluation of the impact of the 2012 USPSTF recommendation on volumes of prostate biopsy and radical prostatectomy.
HPV DNA testing recommended in all resource settings; HIV should undergo screening more often
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Real World Results May Not Mirror Clinical Study Outcomes in Multiple Myeloma
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Handling Chemotherapy Premedications
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
- Adding Bevacizumab to First-line Chemotherapy Benefits Selects Cases of Ovarian Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|