Generic Name and Formulations:
Alemtuzumab 30mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CAMPATH:
B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL).
Premedicate with antihistamine and acetaminophen before 1st dose, and at dose escalations. Give by IV infusion over 2hrs. Initially 3mg daily until infusion reactions are ≤ grade 2, then increase to 10mg daily until infusion reactions are ≤ grade 2, then to maintenance 30mg/day three times per week (on alternate days); duration of therapy (including escalation): 12 weeks. Do not exceed max single dose 30mg/dose or 90mg/week. Give PCP and herpes viral prophylaxis during treatment and for at least 2 months after completion or until CD4+ count ≥200cells/µL, whichever occurs later. Dose adjustments for neutropenia and thrombocytopenia: see full labeling. Retitrate if therapy interrupted for ≥7 days.
Withhold dose for severe cytopenias (except lymphopenia); discontinue if autoimmune or recurrent/persistent severe cytopenias (except lymphopenia) develop. Monitor for infusion reactions; withhold dose if grade 3 or 4. Monitor for CMV infection during and for at least 2 months after completion. Withhold dose for serious infections and during antiviral treatment for CMV infection or confirmed CMV viremia. Obtain CBCs, platelet counts weekly, assess CD4+ counts after treatment until recovery to ≥200cells/µL. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid live virus vaccines (after recent alemtuzumab therapy). May interfere with tests using antibodies. Irradiate any blood products given (GVHD may occur).
Monoclonal antibody, CD52 (recombinant, humanized).
Infusion reactions, cytopenias (eg, neutropenia, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, anemia), infections (eg, CMV), nausea, emesis, diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety.
Single-use vial—1, 3
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|