CALCIUM DISODIUM VERSENATE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Edetate calcium disodium (EDTA) 200mg/mL; IV, IM inj.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for CALCIUM DISODIUM VERSENATE:
Lead poisoning. Lead encephalopathy.
Adults and Children:
See full labeling. Maintain hydration. IM for children and overt lead encephalopathy. Blood lead levels 20–70micrograms/dL: 1g/m2 per day. IV: infuse over 8–12 hours. IM: divided doses every 8–12 hours. Treat for 5 days then stop for 2–4 days; may repeat. If levels over 70micrograms/dL: give with BAL; see full labeling.
Anuria. Renal disease. Hepatitis.
Risk of potentially fatal toxic effects (see full labeling).
Increased intracranial pressure (IV). Monitor urinalysis, urinary sediment, electrolytes, renal and hepatic function. Discontinue at 1st sign of renal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Steroids may increase renal toxicity. May chelate zinc in insulin preparations.
Acute necrosis of proximal tubules (may result in fatal nephrosis), fever, chills, malaise, hypotension, arrhythmias, zinc deficiency, hypercalcemia, glycosuria, proteinuria, hematuria, large epithelial cells in urinary sediment, GI upset, polydipsia, histamine-like reactions, transient bone marrow depression, anemia, local reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
- FDA Grants Approval to Novel Treatment for Hairy Cell Leukemia
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|