CALCIUM DISODIUM VERSENATE Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Edetate calcium disodium (EDTA) 200mg/mL; IV, IM inj.
Medicis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for CALCIUM DISODIUM VERSENATE:
Lead poisoning. Lead encephalopathy.
Adults and Children:
See full labeling. Maintain hydration. IM for children and overt lead encephalopathy. Blood lead levels 20–70micrograms/dL: 1g/m2 per day. IV: infuse over 8–12 hours. IM: divided doses every 8–12 hours. Treat for 5 days then stop for 2–4 days; may repeat. If levels over 70micrograms/dL: give with BAL; see full labeling.
Anuria. Renal disease. Hepatitis.
Increased intracranial pressure (IV). Monitor urinalysis, urinary sediment, electrolytes, renal and hepatic function. Discontinue at 1st sign of renal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Steroids may increase renal toxicity. May chelate zinc in insulin preparations.
Acute necrosis of proximal tubules (may result in fatal nephrosis), fever, chills, malaise, hypotension, arrhythmias, zinc deficiency, hypercalcemia, glycosuria, proteinuria, hematuria, large epithelial cells in urinary sediment, GI upset, polydipsia, histamine-like reactions, transient bone marrow depression, anemia, local reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|