Generic Name and Formulations:
Butalbital 50mg, acetaminophen 325mg, caffeine 40mg; tabs; caps.
Various generic manufacturers
- Comprehensive After Surgery Recovery Program Reduces Complication Rates and Improves Surgical Outcomes
- Drinking Coffee Might Reduce Risk of Developing Prostate Cancer
- Perioperative Pain Control Reduces Need for Postoperative Narcotics After Hysterectomy for Uterine Cancer
Indications for Butalbital/Acetaminophen/Caffeine:
Tension (or muscle contraction) headache.
1–2 tabs or caps every 4hrs as needed; max 6 daily.
Drug abusers. Severe hepatic or renal impairment (monitor). Acute abdominal conditions. Discontinue if serious skin rash or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate effects of alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers, sedative-hypnotics, or other CNS depressants or narcotic analgesics; avoid. MAOIs may enhance CNS effects of butalbital. May cause false (+) urine test for 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid.
Barbiturate + analgesic.
Drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, intoxicated feeling; hepatotoxicity (APAP doses >4g/day); rare: serious skin reactions, hypersensitivity.
Formerly known under the brand name Esgic.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|