A link between malaria and Burkitt's lymphoma was first described more than 50 years ago, but how a parasitic infection could turn immune cells cancerous has remained a mystery. Now, researchers have demonstrated in mice that B cell DNA becomes vulnerable to cancer-causing mutations.
Adult patients with Burkitt lymphoma had excellent long-term survival rates—upwards of 90%—following treatment with low-intensity chemotherapy regimens, according to a new clinical trial finding.
High rates of freedom from disease, overall survival for standard-dose, with lower-dose EPOCH-R treatment.
A new study that tracked survival during the last decade of more than 2,200 adults with a highly aggressive form of lymphoma has found that medicine has made substantial progress in treating them successfully, with notable exceptions.
The first broad genetic landscape map of a Burkitt lymphoma tumor has identified 70 mutations, including several not previously associated with cancer and a new one that is unique to the disease.
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Cancer: A Review of Available Interventions
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|