A link between malaria and Burkitt's lymphoma was first described more than 50 years ago, but how a parasitic infection could turn immune cells cancerous has remained a mystery. Now, researchers have demonstrated in mice that B cell DNA becomes vulnerable to cancer-causing mutations.
Adult patients with Burkitt lymphoma had excellent long-term survival rates—upwards of 90%—following treatment with low-intensity chemotherapy regimens, according to a new clinical trial finding.
High rates of freedom from disease, overall survival for standard-dose, with lower-dose EPOCH-R treatment.
A new study that tracked survival during the last decade of more than 2,200 adults with a highly aggressive form of lymphoma has found that medicine has made substantial progress in treating them successfully, with notable exceptions.
The first broad genetic landscape map of a Burkitt lymphoma tumor has identified 70 mutations, including several not previously associated with cancer and a new one that is unique to the disease.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Metronomic Chemotherapy: Improved Tumor Blood Supply Leads to Better Treatment
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|