Bumetanide Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bumetanide 1mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bumetanide Tablets:
0.5mg–2mg daily; max 10mg daily. Intermittent dosing optimal.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Anuria. Hepatic coma. Severe electrolyte depletion.
Hepatic cirrhosis. Ascites. Sulfonamide allergy. Progressive renal disease. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Monitor electrolytes, blood, liver function. Potassium supplementation may be needed. Potassium-losing nephropathy. Aldosterone excess. Discontinue if renal dysfunction progresses. Ventricular arrhythmias. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May increase digitalis, lithium toxicity. Hypokalemia with digitalis, diuretics in CHF. Alcohol, CNS depressants may increase orthostatic hypotension. Avoid probenecid, indomethacin. Ototoxicity may be potentiated with aminoglycosides.
Muscle cramps, dizziness, hypotension, headache, nausea, encephalopathy, ototoxicity, rash, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand name Bumex.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|