Most Recent Articles by Bryant Furlow
At $225 million per system, the precision of proton beam radiotherapy is not necessarily overshadowing its high costs. Yet ongoing studies seek to determine how this technology fits into current treatment regimens for prostate, breast, and other cancers.
Cardio-oncology is an emerging interdisciplinary practice poised to address care patients who need concurrent cancer and cardiovascular disease therapies as well as the late effects of cancer and cancer treatments.
Seventy percent of Americans surveyed in this year's National Cancer Opinion Survey were unaware that alcohol is a well-established and modifiable risk factor for cancer, the authors noted.
Combining radiotherapy and immunotherapy has shown early promise against some advanced cancers, but oncology nurses need to be wary of potential overlapping toxicity profiles from each of these treatment modalities.
A look at the significant influence of age-adjusted prognoses and treatment priorities for radiation therapy in the oldest patients with cancer.
More Articles by Bryant Furlow
Bioselection-individualized Treatment Modality Selection Improves Advanced Laryngeal Cancer SurvivalFeb 13,2017
Culturally Appropriate Cancer Patient Navigator Pilot Program Helps American Indians/Alaska Natives Secure Diagnoses, CareFeb 13,2017
Might a Chemical from Celery and Broccoli One Day Yield a New Drug to Prevent Breast Cancer Metastasis?Feb 07,2017
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|