Most Recent Articles by Bryant Furlow
Personalized medicine is changing oncology nursing. This primer explains best practices for collecting and preparing biospecimens used to guide therapy.
Psychosocial decline occurs in an estimated one-third of patients undergoing radiotherapy for cancer. These declines may sometimes be ameliorated by vigilant recognition of the need to refer patients for psychosocial support interventions.
High-dose-rate (HDR) brachytherapy is typically used as a dose-escalating boost for external beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer; however, some researchers believe it might be close to graduating to a viable monotherapy.
Some patients undergoing radiotherapy for cancers of the head, neck, and brain are at risk for endocrinopathies. This article reviews the risks, detection, and management of radiotherapy-induced hypopituitarism.
Recent studies show the evidence continues to support exercise and holistic measures as the most effective intervention for cancer-related fatigue.
More Articles by Bryant Furlow
- Key discovery in understanding successes and failures of immunotherapy
- Researchers identify biological indicator of response to new ovarian cancer drug
- Added sugars may increase blood pressure more than high salt consumption
- Managing obesity should be part of cancer care
- Galeterone active in one form of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Navigation and survivorship: Rationalizing your program costs
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
- Comparison of medications for managing nausea and vomiting
- Comparison of constipation management medications
- Chemo- and immunotherapy combination is a promising treatment for pancreatic cancer
- High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- For bladder cancer, laparoscopic radical cystectomy effective at preventing recurrence
- Aspirin and/or NSAID use may improve risk of high-grade prostate cancer
- Modifying lifestyle, HPV vaccine can help prevent anal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|