Breast Positioning during Mammography
An ideal CC view with retromammary space and pectoralis muscle (arrows). Visualization of pectoralis muscle on CC view implies that no breast tissue along the chest wall has been excluded.
Position of the nipple (A) in profile, (B) pointing medially, and (C) pointing laterally.
Pectoralis–nipple line on (A) CC view and (B) MLO view.
An ideal MLO view (i) nipple in profile, (ii) pectoralis muscle margin well visualized, (iii) edge of pectoralis muscle below the level of PNL, and (iv) inframammary angle (arrow).
Bilateral MLO: pectoralis muscle forming “V,” when viewed as mirror images.
MLO mistakes: (A) nipple not in profile, (B) pectoralis muscle not seen, (C) edge of pectoralis muscle ill-defined, (D) lower edge of pectoralis above PNL line, (E) poor lower quad. coverage, and (F) inframammary fold not visualized.
Imaging mistakes on an MLO view due to compromised positioning (i) nipple not in profile, (ii) edge of pectoralis muscle not well defined, (iii) no formation of “V,” (iv) inframammary fold not seen.
(A) A well-defined lesion seen on CC view. Not well appreciated on an MLO view and (B) a cystic space occupying lesion seen on ultrasound.
MLO view: (A) a doubtful lesion seen and (B) spot compression with magnification shows normal parenchyma.
Rolled on nipple appearing as a space occupying lesion on an MLO view of the right breast. Ultrasound breast was normal.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|