Breast Positioning during Mammography
An ideal CC view with retromammary space and pectoralis muscle (arrows). Visualization of pectoralis muscle on CC view implies that no breast tissue along the chest wall has been excluded.
Position of the nipple (A) in profile, (B) pointing medially, and (C) pointing laterally.
Pectoralis–nipple line on (A) CC view and (B) MLO view.
An ideal MLO view (i) nipple in profile, (ii) pectoralis muscle margin well visualized, (iii) edge of pectoralis muscle below the level of PNL, and (iv) inframammary angle (arrow).
Bilateral MLO: pectoralis muscle forming “V,” when viewed as mirror images.
MLO mistakes: (A) nipple not in profile, (B) pectoralis muscle not seen, (C) edge of pectoralis muscle ill-defined, (D) lower edge of pectoralis above PNL line, (E) poor lower quad. coverage, and (F) inframammary fold not visualized.
Imaging mistakes on an MLO view due to compromised positioning (i) nipple not in profile, (ii) edge of pectoralis muscle not well defined, (iii) no formation of “V,” (iv) inframammary fold not seen.
(A) A well-defined lesion seen on CC view. Not well appreciated on an MLO view and (B) a cystic space occupying lesion seen on ultrasound.
MLO view: (A) a doubtful lesion seen and (B) spot compression with magnification shows normal parenchyma.
Rolled on nipple appearing as a space occupying lesion on an MLO view of the right breast. Ultrasound breast was normal.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Adding Pertuzumab to Adjuvant Therapy Is Beneficial for Some Women with Early Breast Cancer
- Clinical Trials May Benefit Oncology Patients
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Nurse Navigation Survey
- Prostate-specific PET and CT Imaging Improves Detection of Disease and Patient Care
- Lenvatinib Improves OS, PFS in Radioiodine-Refractory Differentiated Thyroid Cancer in All Older Patients
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|