Breast Conserving Surgery
When her search for a realistic nipple to complete her breast reconstruction alluded Michelle Kolath-Arbel, a breast cancer survivor, she decided to make one herself.
Oncological Safety and Cosmetic Outcomes in Oncoplastic Breast Conservation Surgery, a Review of the Best Level of Evidence LiteratureSeptember 08, 2017
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This review examines oncological safety in oncoplastic breast conservation surgery, local recurrence and patient outcome, postoperative complications, and cosmetic outcomes.
Results of a recent study demonstrated overall survival was better among women who underwent breast-conserving surgery vs mastectomy. Furthermore, best overall survival was achieved with adjuvant radiotherapy in the former group and systemic therapy in the latter group.
A study finds that report that overall outcomes and prognosis have significantly improved over time for women aged 40 years and younger with breast cancer who undergo breast conserving surgery, and the procedure should be recommended to these patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|