Breast Conserving Surgery
When her search for a realistic nipple to complete her breast reconstruction alluded Michelle Kolath-Arbel, a breast cancer survivor, she decided to make one herself.
Oncological Safety and Cosmetic Outcomes in Oncoplastic Breast Conservation Surgery, a Review of the Best Level of Evidence LiteratureSeptember 08, 2017
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This review examines oncological safety in oncoplastic breast conservation surgery, local recurrence and patient outcome, postoperative complications, and cosmetic outcomes.
Results of a recent study demonstrated overall survival was better among women who underwent breast-conserving surgery vs mastectomy. Furthermore, best overall survival was achieved with adjuvant radiotherapy in the former group and systemic therapy in the latter group.
A study finds that report that overall outcomes and prognosis have significantly improved over time for women aged 40 years and younger with breast cancer who undergo breast conserving surgery, and the procedure should be recommended to these patients.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Choice of Breast Reconstruction After Mastectomy Affects Satisfaction, Quality of Life
- Bariatric Surgery Reduced Risk of Some Cancers in Obese Patients
- Carfilzomib Benefits May Outweigh Cardiovascular Risk in Multiple Myeloma
- The Caregivers' Cancer Journey
- Genetic Link Between Depression and Breast Cancer Remains Unclear
- Implementing an Ambulatory Adherence Program May Improve Oral Anticancer Medications Compliance
- Exercise Habits Influence Mortality in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Managing Dyspnea With Fentanyl in Patients With Cancer at End of Life
- CALM: A Depression Intervention for Cancer Patients at the End of Life
- High BMI Among Premenopausal Women May Improve Risk for Breast Cancer
- Fertility Preservation in Hodgkin's Lymphoma Patients That Undergo Targeted Molecular Therapies: An Important Step Forward From the Chemotherapy Era
- Survey of ACEP Councilors Reveals NP, PA Staffing Models, Practice Patterns Vary
- Breath Analysis May Be an Effective Diagnostic for Pancreatic Cancer
- Genetic Susceptibility to Pancreatic Cancer Linked to 6 Specific Gene Mutations
- Dinner Hour and Sleep Habits Affect Risk of Breast, Prostate Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|