Given recent guideline changes and lack of consistency in guidelines, a survey sought to highlight how primary care physicians recommend breast cancer screening to their patients.
Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other GroupsApril 27, 2017
Researchers found that low acculturated Latina women were moderately less satisfied with surgeon and oncology communication compared with other racial and ethnic groups.
Researchers compared cost data and complications between mastectomy with reconstruction and other guideline-based treatments for patients with early-stage breast cancer.
Limited use of genetic counselors and high rate of double mastectomy in women at average risk with early-stage breast cancer illustrate that understanding of genetic testing results is limited.
Study finds patients are not more likely to report dissatisfaction, seek a second opinion, or change doctors due to physician recommendations against CPM.
Physical activity is proven to improve both physical and mental effects of cancer diagnosis and treatment, even if the activity needs to be modified to fit the patient's current abilities.
Out of 7 nationality groups studied, only Japanese women didn't have an overall increase in the disease.
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research discusses the management options for incidents of mastectomy skin flap necrosis (MSFN).
This fact sheet reviews the types of mammograms, false-positive and false-negative results, digital mammography, and tomosynthesis mammography.
Reporting of overall immediate breast reconstruction and of racial disparities varies significantly between SEER and 2 large US databases.
The proportion of women with invasive early-stage unilateral breast cancer electing CPM has increased significantly, and varies across US states.
Absolute risks from radiation therapy for women with breast cancer who continue to smoke could exceed the absolute benefit of the therapy.
Genetic testing for BRCA gene mutation is increasingly undertaken by women unaffected by breast and/or ovarian cancers.
Follow-up via mobile app similar to in-person postoperative visits for low-risk ambulatory patients after breast reconstruction.
Risk calculator assesses patients for risk of persistent pain after breast cancer surgery (PPBCS).
Risk associated with radiotherapy for breast cancer is substantially reduced with smoking cessation.
Genetic signatures similar to BRCA1/BRCA2 mutations could make PARP inhibition a treatment option for some breast cancers.
Health care costs lower for early-stage breast cancer when adjuvant radiation therapy follows evidence-based guidelines.
Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast CancerMarch 23, 2017
[OncoTargets and Therapy] This research examines the lymphatic flow in the arm following breast cancer surgery and axillary lymph node dissection (ALND) versus sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) using lymphoscintigraphy (LS).
A significantly shorter course of trastuzumab achieved both improved outcomes for patients and cost savings for the UK National Health Service.
Follow-up MRI screening in women at high risk of breast cancer was improved when patients were informed directly of their potential risks and options.
This fact sheet examines possible relationships between use of antiperspirants or deodorants and cancer risk.
Leflunomide, an immunosuppressor FDA-approved for rheumatoid arthritis, is effective against breast cancer in mouse study.
Pregnancy around the time of, or after, diagnosis of breast cancer is not associated with an increased risk of death.
Despite the known benefits of physical activity for breast cancer survivors, a large proportion of this population continues to be physically inactive after treatment.
Zoledronic acid and clodranate are the recommended bisphosphonates for the adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal patients with breast cancer.
Quantity and quality of skeletal muscle is a more accurate measure for determining dose and of potential treatment-related toxicity in patients receiving chemotherapy for early-stage breast cancer.
Digital mammography has improved breast cancer detection, increased biopsies.
Treatment with radiation therapy for invasive breast cancer may place East Asian women at a greater risk of developing second primary lung cancer (SPLC).
[Breast Cancer: Targets and Therapy] This research examines possible risk factors and effectiveness of treatments for docetaxel-associated myalgia-arthralgia syndrome.
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Thyroid Cancer Incidence Increasing Among Younger, Hispanic, African American Populations
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Primary Care Physicians Surveyed on Breast Cancer Screening Practices
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
- Cost and Complication Rates Differ Among Early Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Distress Management Tool Gets an Update, Patient Version
- PSA Screening Rates Level Off in United States
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|