Breast Cancer News & Features
ORLANDO, FL—A large percentage of survivors of breast cancer with sleep complaints have symptoms suggesting underlying sleep disorders that require referral to a sleep medicine specialist for further evaluation and treatment, according to preliminary study evidence presented at the ONS 40th Annual Congress.
New research has found that in women with early stage breast cancer, surgeons no longer universally remove most of the lymph nodes in the underarm area when a biopsy of the nearby lymph nodes indicates cancer.
The use of breast ultrasound could eliminate the need for biopsy in many cases in adolescent girls, according to a recent study.
Biennial (once every two years) screening is preferable for women of age 50 through 74 that have an average risk of developing breast cancer.
An increase in overnight fasting decreases glucose levels and may lower the risk of breast cancer among women.
Industry Supported Education
Breast Cancer Videos
Clinical Trial: Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical trial focusing on pre-surgery positron emission mammography. Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical Trial: A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical trial focusing on breast cancer information registry. A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical Trial: Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on breast density and breast cancer risk. Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on genomic testing for primary breast cancer. Genomic Testing for Primary Breast Cancer
- Genetic Testing for Hereditary Cancer Syndromes (Fact Sheet)
- Sweeping prostate cancer review upends widely held belief on radiation after surgery
- Statin use inversely linked to risk of pancreatic cancer
- Survival longer in patients with early stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with low tumor metabolic activity
- Promising drug offers new paradigm for treating leukemia
- Forum Facilitates Professional Caregiver Discussion of Emotional Issues in Caring for Cancer Patients
- Kaizen Huddle Board Use Enhances Patient Care, Reduces Process Waste in Ambulatory Cancer Center
- Symptoms of Poor Sleep May Suggest Potential Sleep Disorders in Survivors of Breast Cancer
- Workgroup Increases Availability of Intimacy, Sexuality Resources for Oncology Outpatients
- Bedside Hand-off Reporting Improves Both Nursing and Patient Care
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|