Breast Cancer News & Features
Preliminary results of a prospective, phase II trial show that once-daily accelerated partial breast irradiation (APBI) effectively prevented recurrence of cancer in the treated breast at a median 34 months after treatment.
A Mediterranean-style diet can help protect against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and breast cancer,research indicates.
The definition of dense breasts can range from 6.3 to 84.5 percent of patients, depending on radiologist.
A new technique combines imaging and mathematics to identify aggressive forms of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), or stage 0 breast cancer, from nonaggressive varieties.
A first-line triplet chemoimmunotherapy regimen comprised of paclitaxel, capecitabine, and bevacizumab followed by capecitabine and bevacizumab alone as maintenance therapy is highly active with a manageable safety profile in patients with triple-negative breast cancer.
Supine Position Better Informs Surgeons About Tumor Size and Location Before Lumpectomy for Breast Cancer
Considerable deformity of the breast and tumor position occur when placing patients in the prone (face down) position to obtain pre-operative MRI of the breast, compared with placing patients in the supine (face up) position.
The protein CBX8 uses a previously unknown mechanism to promote the origin of breast tumors, or tumorigenesis, in the most lethal forms of breast cancer, according to new research.
Bacteria differ between healthy breasts and those with cancer, and beneficial bacteria may actually be protecting women against cancer; a finding that may lead to using probiotics to prevent breast cancer.
Relaxing acupressure resulted in significant improvement in persistent fatigue, sleep quality, and quality of life among survivors of breast cancer, a recent study has shown.
The Patient-Owned Survivorship Transition Care for Activated, Empowered survivors (POSTCARE) intervention resulted in clinically meaningful improvements in 3 domains of quality of life (QoL) among survivors of breast cancers.
Breast Cancer Videos
Clinical Trial: Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical trial focusing on pre-surgery positron emission mammography. Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical Trial: A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical trial focusing on breast cancer information registry. A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical Trial: Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on breast density and breast cancer risk. Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on genomic testing for primary breast cancer. Genomic Testing for Primary Breast Cancer
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Can Protect Against Cancer
- Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
- HPV Vaccination Program Reduces Cervical Cell Anomalies in Young Women
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Helical APBI Delivers Targeted Dose of Adjuvant Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Cancer Risk Higher in Patients With Heart Failure After a First Heart Attack
- Routine Pap Smears Improve Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Older Than 65 Years
- Second-Line Regorafenib Improves Overall Survival in Refractory Liver Cancer
- Training Primary Care Providers to Screen for Melanoma Increases Diagnoses, With Little Affect on Dermatology Visits or Skin Surgeries
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|