Breast Cancer News & Features
Preoperative smoking is associated with increased risk for breast cancer events and distant metastasis in women treated with aromatase inhibitors (AIs). Hampering the utility of AIs, a common treatment for breast cancer, is yet another health risk associated with smoking.
Nonadherence to Noncancer Medication Schedules Predicts Adherence to Adjuvant Hormone Therapy for Breast Cancer
Patients who do not adhere to their medication schedules for chronic conditions prior to a breast cancer diagnosis were twice as likely to skip oral adjuvant hormonal therapy.
Employing a prone position during preoperative breast magnetic resonance imaging might introduce error.
Results from the DECT trial indicate that a combination of epirubicin and trastuzumab improved outcomes in patients with HER2-positive breast cancer.
New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
Researchers demonstrate how breast cancer cells invade bone marrow, where they escape chemotherapy and hormonal therapies that would otherwise eliminate the cancer cells.
Patient Stress Level Influences Best Type of Couples' Therapy for Patients With Breast Cancer and Their Partners
Distressed patients with breast cancer benefit most from a couple-focused supportive group therapy, while less distressed patients benefit more from a structured, skills-based, couples-focused group therapy.
Following a healthy lifestyle could reduce the risk of developing breast cancer for women already at high risk for the disease due to genetic risk and family history.
The drug denosumab, which blocks a bone gene, may also prevent breast cancer caused by a BRCA1 mutation. This already approved drug could be available quickly, and would be the first drug for breast cancer prevention.
The incidence of cardiovascular events was down for patients with non-metastatic breast cancer that exercise.
A cocktail of 3 drugs shrank triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) by killing off cancer cells and halting new tumor growth, a new study conducted in mice and lab-grown human cells has shown.
Breast Cancer Videos
Clinical Trial: Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical trial focusing on pre-surgery positron emission mammography. Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical Trial: A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical trial focusing on breast cancer information registry. A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical Trial: Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on breast density and breast cancer risk. Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on genomic testing for primary breast cancer. Genomic Testing for Primary Breast Cancer
- Topical Skin Creams Are Effective in Treatment of Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Overall Survival and Progression-Free Survival Are Improved With Ibrutinib for del17p CLL
- Imaging Technique Is Predictive of Immunotherapy Response in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Preoperative Breast MRI Affected by Patient Positioning
- Aspirin Use Found to Prevent Cholangiocarcinoma
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Smoking Increases Risk of Adverse Events With Aromatase Inhibitor Therapy for Breast Cancer
- Recently Identified Biomarkers Found to Warn of Chronic Graft-vs-Host Disease in Marrow Transplant Patients
- Scalding Beverages Might Lead to Esophageal Cancer
- Assessment and Monitoring of Patients Receiving Chemotherapy for Multiple Myeloma: Strategies to Improve Outcomes
- PET/CT Hybrid Imaging Technique Provides Accurate Guide for Prostate Cancer Biopsy
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|