Breast Cancer News & Features
Researchers examined the long-term effects of a short-term culturally based dietary intervention on increasing the consumption of fruits and vegetables, decreasing fat, and changing biomarkers associated with recurrence in Hispanic breast cancer survivors.
Cancers that cause more readily noticeable physical changes can produce self-image challenges for patients. This discussion reviews what interventions can help validate patients' self-image concerns.
Researchers found wide variances in the cost of breast cancer chemotherapy, depending on the course of treatment selected.
Patients with breast cancer have more than 2 times the risk for developing a venous thromboembolism 5 years after diagnosis compared with the general population.
CDK4/6 Inhibitor Plus Aromatase Inhibitor Improves Progression-Free Survival in Metastatic Breast Cancer
Adding ribociclib to letrozole significantly improves progression-free survival for postmenopausal women with metastatic hormone receptor (HR)-positive breast cancer, compared with hormone therapy alone.
Overall, 66.2 and 69.1 percent of women perceive high PCP engagement and communication
[Clinical Medicine Insights: Oncology] A case study of a 49-year-old premenopausal woman with metastatic invasive ductal breast carcinoma in the vertebral and iliac bones, which progressed with new metastases to her hips, thigh bones, and vertebrae.
For women receiving tamoxifen in the adjuvant setting for early stage breast cancer or as a preventive for high risk of breast cancer, the risk of developing endometrial pathology in those with negative uterine examination findings prior to treatment is very low.
Following the release of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) an increase in Hispanic women receiving breast cancer treatment and their related participation in clinical trials was observed.
Patients with early stage breast cancer who received breast-conserving surgery and were eligible for observation were more likely to undergo adjuvant radiotherapy in facilities performing APBI.
Breast Cancer Videos
Clinical Trial: Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical trial focusing on pre-surgery positron emission mammography. Pre-Surgery Positron Emission Mammography in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Breast Cancer
Clinical Trial: A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical trial focusing on breast cancer information registry. A Breast Cancer Information Registry for Participants With Breast Cancer or Characteristics of Hereditary Breast Cancer (BCCR)
Clinical Trial: Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on breast density and breast cancer risk. Changes in Breast Density and Breast Cancer Risk in Women With Breast Cancer and in Healthy Women
Clinical trial focusing on genomic testing for primary breast cancer. Genomic Testing for Primary Breast Cancer
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Clinical Use of Cabozantinib in the Treatment of Advanced Kidney Cancer: Efficacy, Safety, and Patient Selection
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- High U.S. Economic Burden for Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|