Longer survival was achieved with stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) alone than with whole-brain radiation therapy (WBRT) in patients with fewer than 4 brain metastases from NSCLC or breast cancer.
In patients previously treated with crizotinib for ALK-positive NSCLC and brain metastases, ceritinib treatment elicited clinically meaningful whole-body and intracranial responses with an acceptable tolerability profile.
For patients with non-small cell lung cancer who have EGFR mutations and brain metastases, progression-free survival was improved with afatinib compared to chemotherapy.
Radiosurgery and close monitoring is recommended to better preserve cognitive function in newly diagnosed brain metastases.
Data clearly demonstrated stereotactic radiosurgery (SRS) alone offered benefits for younger patients with limited metastases.
A blue-ribbon team of national experts stated that professional pessimism and out-of-date myths rather than current science may compromise the care of patients with brain cancer.
Imaging with a molecular imaging tracer can help distinguish radiation-induced lesions from new tumor growth in patients who have been treated with radiation for brain metastases, according to new research.
Researchers are suggesting that high-dose interleukin-2 (HD IL-2) therapy should be considered as a treatment option in patients with melanoma brain metastases who are otherwise eligible for therapy, based on the encouraging results of a small retrospective review.
Intraventricular chemotherapy to the brain improved symptoms and survival in persons with leptomeningeal carcinomatosis following lung cancer.
Researchers have identified a novel signature of circulating tumor cells (CTCs) from breast cancer that metastasize to the brain.
Combining trastuzumab and lapatinib with an anti-VEGFR2 antibody dramatically improved survival in HER2 breast cancer with brain metastases.
A new study suggests radiotherapy may hold clinical promise for the control of local lymph node bed recurrence of malignant melanoma.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
- Decipher Genomic Classifier Prognostic for Distant Prostate Metastasis
- GUCS 2017: Adjuvant Trials in Post-radical Prostatectomy Prostate Cancer Feasible
- Annual Screening of High-Risk Smokers Only More Cost-effective Than Current Methods
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|