Brain Cancer News and Features
Scientists have developed a new potential drug therapy for a rare, incurable pediatric brain tumor by targeting a genetic mutation found in children with the cancer.
A chemotherapy regimen of procarbazine, lomustine (CCNU), and vincristine (PCV) administered after radiation therapy improved both progression-free survival and overall survival in adults with low-grade gliomas.
Two engineering researchers have challenged a commonly held idea about tumor ablation.
Patients treated for central nervous system (CNS) cancer during childhood or adolescence can display altered self-perception later in adulthood.
Risk of brain cancer is three times higher after 25 years or more of mobile phone use.
Brain Cancer Videos
Brain Cancer Clinical Trials
Among premenopausal women with early stage, HR-positive breast cancer, the addition of ovarian suppression to tamoxifen reduced breast cancer recurrence.
The International Breast Cancer Intervention Study-I (IBIS-I) trial found that tamoxifen significantly decreased the incidence of all breast cancers, according to data presented at the 2014 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Pembrolizumab was well tolerated and yielded durable responses in patients with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer, according to recent trial data.
A new drug that targets common cancer-causing genetic mutations in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and a type of the mutation responsible for treatment resistance, has shown promising results in a phase I/II clinical trial.
The first drug designed to inhibit the cancer-causing activity of a mutated enzyme known as isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) 1 has shown clinical activity in patients with advanced acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with the IDH1 mutation.
- Key discovery in understanding successes and failures of immunotherapy
- Researchers identify biological indicator of response to new ovarian cancer drug
- Managing obesity should be part of cancer care
- Galeterone active in one form of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Reducing side effects of everolimus administration
- Navigation and survivorship: Rationalizing your program costs
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
- Comparison of medications for managing nausea and vomiting
- Comparison of constipation management medications
- Chemo- and immunotherapy combination is a promising treatment for pancreatic cancer
- High tumor immune cell levels may identify women with HER2+ breast cancer who may benefit from chemotherapy alone
- Hair Dyes and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- For bladder cancer, laparoscopic radical cystectomy effective at preventing recurrence
- Aspirin and/or NSAID use may improve risk of high-grade prostate cancer
- Modifying lifestyle, HPV vaccine can help prevent anal cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|