Brain Cancer News and Features
Radiotherapy of the brain is a mainstay of brain tumor treatment; however, it affects structural network properties in the brain and can cause cortical atrophy.
Spherical Shape of New Drug Holds Promise for Bypassing the Blood Brain Barrier and Treating Aggressive Brain Cancer
An investigational drug with a novel spherical nucleic acid structure has the potential to cross the blood-brain barrier to treat glioblastoma multiforme.
Survivors of primary brain tumors tend to freely discontinue cognitively engaging activities to compensate for diminishing cognitive function after treatment completion.
Temozolomide, an antimitotic chemotherapy used to treat brain cancer, demonstrated the potential to increase depression in a mouse model.
Deviation from radiation treatment protocol in young children being treated for brain neoplasms was associated with decreased overall survival.
Brain Cancer Clinical Trials
Insurer approval rates rose from 85 percent before Affordable Care Act to 95 percent after the health care bill was enacted.
An analysis of rates at certain milestones in clinical trials of treatments for mNSCLC suggests these rates reflect end point results for immunotherapies vs targeted and conventional therapies.
Results of a phase 2 clinical trial of savolitinib, a highly selective small molecule inhibitor of c-Met, found the agent was active and tolerable in patients with Met-driven advanced or metastatic papillary renal cell carcinoma (PRCC).
Research on the effects of research demonstrated that oncology-related clinical trials provide measurable benefits in terms
Older adults are underrepresented in clinical trials of cancer drugs, according to study findings presented at the 2017 ASCO Annual Meeting.
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- Coping With Lymphedema: A Patient Guide (Fact Sheet)
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|