Brain Cancer News and Features
Scientists have developed a new potential drug therapy for a rare, incurable pediatric brain tumor by targeting a genetic mutation found in children with the cancer.
A chemotherapy regimen of procarbazine, lomustine (CCNU), and vincristine (PCV) administered after radiation therapy improved both progression-free survival and overall survival in adults with low-grade gliomas.
Two engineering researchers have challenged a commonly held idea about tumor ablation.
Patients treated for central nervous system (CNS) cancer during childhood or adolescence can display altered self-perception later in adulthood.
Risk of brain cancer is three times higher after 25 years or more of mobile phone use.
Brain Cancer Videos
Brain Cancer Clinical Trials
A new drug that targets common cancer-causing genetic mutations in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and a type of the mutation responsible for treatment resistance, has shown promising results in a phase I/II clinical trial.
The first drug designed to inhibit the cancer-causing activity of a mutated enzyme known as isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) 1 has shown clinical activity in patients with advanced acute myeloid leukemia (AML) with the IDH1 mutation.
The anticancer drug galeterone has proved successful in lowering prostate-specific antigen levels in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC).
A method to determine which patients with ovarian cancer are more likely to respond well to the new anticancer drug rucaparib has been discovered.
Previously, patients with advanced colorectal cancer driven by a mutated version of the BRAF gene have had limited treatment options, but results from a multicenter clinical trial suggest a new option.
- Added sugars may increase blood pressure more than high salt consumption
- Key discovery in understanding successes and failures of immunotherapy
- Researchers identify biological indicator of response to new ovarian cancer drug
- Managing obesity should be part of cancer care
- Galeterone active in one form of castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Rociletinib produces response in treatment-resistant advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- Utilizing home therapy for cancer-related lymphedema can lower costs
- Drug combination produces good response rates in advanced papillary renal cell carcinoma (pRCC)
- Breast cancer and pregnancy: Overlapping of two disciplines
- IDH1 mutation inhibitor first to demonstrate anticancer activity
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|