Imetelstat, a novel telomerase-inhibiting drug, has been found to induce morphologic, molecular, and clinical remissions in some patients with myelofibrosis, according to a new study. The results were presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
The chemotherapy drug cyclophosphamide prevents graft-versus-host (GVHD) disease in people who receive bone marrow transplants through an immune system cell that evades the toxic effects of cyclophosphamide.
Chemotherapy-induced nerve injury in the bone marrow is what impairs the regeneration of hematopoietic stem cells, leading to anemia.
Genetic material secreted by bone marrow cells was used to reduce glioma tumor volume in a recent study.
Adipose tissue may provide a more efficient, less costly, and less invasive source of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) than bone marrow.
Leukemia stem cells that overcome drug therapy can be thwarted when deprived of RAD52, a protein key to DNA repair of these cancer cells.
Most of the hundreds of mutations found in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) genomes occur randomly as part of the aging process, unrelated to cancer.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
Hematopoietic stem cells from healthy persons older than 65 years make fewer immunoprotective lymphocytes than do stem cells from healthy persons aged 20 to 35 years.
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
A vasodilator that blocks the activity of a protein called Rho kinase (ROCK) may be effective against difficult-to-treat types of leukemia.
The OnControl Bone Marrow System has been made available by Vidacare for use by clinicians to perform bone marrow aspiration and biopsy procedures.
The non-Hodgkin's lymphomas (NHLs) are a heterogeneous group of tumours of the lymphoid system and a relatively complex group of disorders. Presentation can be variable with many patients developing extranodal disease. The disease accounts for 4% of all cancer in the UK.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BBD Regimen Efficacious as First-line Therapy for Myeloma
- Some Early Breast Cancer Patients Should Have Breast Conservation Instead of Mastectomy
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Targeting AR Mutations Promising in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- GUCS 2017: Early Immunotherapy Discontinuation in mRCC
- Pembrolizumab Active Against Rare Melanoma, Extends Survival in Bladder Cancer
- Myalgia-arthralgia Syndrome Associated With Taxanes in Patients with Breast Cancer
- Women Treated for DCIS Have Slightly Lower Risk for All-Cause Mortality
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|