Imetelstat, a novel telomerase-inhibiting drug, has been found to induce morphologic, molecular, and clinical remissions in some patients with myelofibrosis, according to a new study. The results were presented at the 2013 ASH Annual Meeting, in New Orleans.
The chemotherapy drug cyclophosphamide prevents graft-versus-host (GVHD) disease in people who receive bone marrow transplants through an immune system cell that evades the toxic effects of cyclophosphamide.
Chemotherapy-induced nerve injury in the bone marrow is what impairs the regeneration of hematopoietic stem cells, leading to anemia.
Genetic material secreted by bone marrow cells was used to reduce glioma tumor volume in a recent study.
Adipose tissue may provide a more efficient, less costly, and less invasive source of mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) than bone marrow.
Leukemia stem cells that overcome drug therapy can be thwarted when deprived of RAD52, a protein key to DNA repair of these cancer cells.
Most of the hundreds of mutations found in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) genomes occur randomly as part of the aging process, unrelated to cancer.
An HIV drug helped lower the risk of graft-versus-host disease in persons with blood cancer who had stem-cell transplants to rebuild bone marrow.
Hematopoietic stem cells from healthy persons older than 65 years make fewer immunoprotective lymphocytes than do stem cells from healthy persons aged 20 to 35 years.
The recent discovery of gene mutations in a genomic study of myelodysplastic syndromes could enable diagnosis using only a blood test rather than a bone marrow biopsy.
A vasodilator that blocks the activity of a protein called Rho kinase (ROCK) may be effective against difficult-to-treat types of leukemia.
The OnControl Bone Marrow System has been made available by Vidacare for use by clinicians to perform bone marrow aspiration and biopsy procedures.
The non-Hodgkin's lymphomas (NHLs) are a heterogeneous group of tumours of the lymphoid system and a relatively complex group of disorders. Presentation can be variable with many patients developing extranodal disease. The disease accounts for 4% of all cancer in the UK.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Breast Implants Associated With Increased Risk of Breast Anaplastic Large-cell Lymphoma
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|