This fact sheet reviews bone cancer, including its possible causes, frequency, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment.
This phase 2 study sought to determine whether concurrent pantoprazole would improve cisplatin-induced ototoxicity and nephrotoxicity in younger patients with osteosarcoma.
Osteosarcoma in children may be impacted by a defect in DNA imprinting that also occurs in their biological parents. These imprinting defects may be predictive of survival outcomes.
Combining two anti-tumor agents appears to increase the sensitivity of cancer cells to these drugs and seems to lead to more effective Ewing's sarcoma treatment.
Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma remains classified among the more deadly cancer types.
Inhibiting the protein Sirtuin1 could play a part in fighting Ewing sarcoma, a common bone cancer in adolescents and children.
Better understanding of the two distinct processes at the heart of the genetic abnormality driving Ewing sarcoma development could lead to new, more effective therapies.
The compound PRM-151 (PRM) has shown success in reducing progressive bone marrow fibrosis in patients with advanced myelofibrosis.
A shoulder surgical aid, known as the Spider Limb Positioner, was adapted successfully to conduct a left hip disarticulation on a patient with melanoma.
Researchers believe that a staple of Earth science research can be used in biomedical settings to predict the course of disease.
Researchers investigating the distribution of trace elements in the tissue of bone tumors found that tumor tissue contains higher concentrations of trace elements, which could be a starting point in the development of targeted therapies for bone cancer.
A new type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, known as diffusion-weighted MRI, could improve care for myeloma and reduce reliance on bone marrow biopsies.
A biomarker accessible in blood tests has been identified and validated. It could be used to predict which patients who have received stem cell transplants are at the highest risk for the potentially fatal immune response of graft-versus-host disease.
Treatment with magnetic resonance image-guided focused ultrasound (MRIgFU) ablation therapy significantly reduced pain in 67% of patients who received the treatment.
When patients with giant-cell tumor of the bone were treated with denosumab, which is a drug targeted against a protein that promotes bone destruction, the number of tumor giant cells decreased and new bone formation increased.
Scientists have identified a protein that makes some children and teenagers afflicted with Ewing sarcoma more resistant to chemotherapy.
The expression of the P16 protein, which inhibits cell growth, may be useful for predicting how osteosarcoma will respond to chemotherapy.
Childhood cancer survivors may need earlier colorectal cancer screening, especially if abdominal radiation was part of their treatment.
Adding bisphosphonates to myeloma treatment decreases fractures of the vertebra and bone pain, affirm the results of a review of 20 trials.
Drug Safety Communication on lenalidomide (Revlimid); FDA approval for pazopanib (Votrient)
Very early data are promising for a drug treatment for castration-resistant prostate cancer, with the agent showing particular effectiveness against tumors that have metastasized to the bone.
People who underwent cancer therapy as children have a heightened risk of developing gastrointestinal (GI) complications later in life, a new study shows.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|