Massage therapy may be promising for reducing the intensity/severity of pain, fatigue, and anxiety in patients with cancer.
A Mediterranean-style diet can help protect against diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and breast cancer,research indicates.
Based on compounds extracted from parsley and dill seeds, a team of Russian scientists proposed an efficient approach to synthesizing novel compounds with anticancer activity.
The incidence of cardiovascular events was down for patients with non-metastatic breast cancer that exercise.
Added sugars and relevant portion sizes are among the highlights of this food label revision.
Food speaks to our genes; its message or signal can turn the immune system on or off. Consumption of a high carbohydrate or sugar diet can increase risk of cancer.
A moderate to high level of physical activity before and after diagnosis may improve prognosis in patients with non-metastatic prostate cancer.
Researchers found that men with prostate cancer who had exercised regularly had the best outcomes.
Study uses dog sledding to demonstrate benefits of adapted physical activities for children with cancerAugust 27, 2015
The results of a new preliminary study indicate that children with cancer may benefit from a different kind of treatment: a healthy dose of adventure.
Randomized trial shows beneficial effect for yoga combined with meditation in breast cancer survivors.
Poor sleep and snoring before breast cancer diagnosis is tied to poor survival outcomes.
Yoga practice and fish oil use up, whereas some other supplement use is down.
Significant benefits of exercise regimen in reducing the effect of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy placement on swallowing function for patients with head and neck cancer.
Findings in a quasi-experimental study of Taiwanese women with early-stage breast cancer showed the potential for exercise to reduce fatigue in women undergoing radiotherapy.
Aerobic exercise may boost progression-free survival in patients with lymphoma, trial data suggests.
Researchers have demonstrated that employing mindfulness meditation or being a member of a support group has a positive physical impact at the cellular level in breast cancer survivors.
A new study indicates that bariatric patients benefit from a significantly decreased risk of cancer compared to other obese patients.
Periodic fasting may combat both chemotherapy-induced changes in immune cell function by replenishing stem cells in the blood; these findings suggest that fasting may provide benefits for cancer patients.
A new study in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute suggests that sitting is also connected to cancer - but not all types.
Three months of yoga practice is enough to reduce inflammation and fatigue in breast cancer survivors, a study has found.
Using combination of exercise and diet to lose weight can significantly cut the risk of breast cancer.
A new study reports that sleep efficiency, a ratio of time asleep to time spent in bed, is predictive of survival time for women with advanced breast cancer.
For women with breast cancer, incorporating yoga into radiotherapy is associated with a lasting improvement in quality of life.
Improvements in fatigue, IL-6, TNF-a, and IL-1B seen in a clinical trial that measured the effects of yoga practice in women survivors of breast cancer.
Twelve-week intervention linked to improved fatigue, vitality, lower levels of proinflammatory cytokines in participants.
Lower risk of all-cause mortality and mortality from cancer and cardiovascular disease were seen with with increasing physical activity.
As little as an hour a day of walking reduces breast cancer risk among postmenopausal women.
The various benefits of yoga can help nurses maintain mental and physical health.
Effect is more consistent with intentional weight loss; risk reduction is up for women and obesity-linked cancers.
Yoga helped women with breast cancer overcome fatigue, achieve a better quality of life, and experience better physical functioning and general health during and after radiation treatment.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Atypical Teratoid/rhabdoid Tumors: Challenges and Search for Solutions
- New Research Identifies Potential Bladder Cancer Chemotherapy Side Effect
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|