Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HCT) is found to increase expression of a genetic code used to make proteins, leading to a biological aging of immune cells equivalent to 30 years of chronological age.
Repeat doses of ipilimumab can restore a complete remission in patients with advanced blood cancers who relapse after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (alloHSCT).
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy is now moving toward effectiveness against solid tumors, based on recent work in mouse models. CAR T cell therapy has already had successes against aggressive blood cancers.
Incidence of frailty among young survivors of bone marrow transplant is similar to that of the elderly population, and increases the risk of death compared with nonfrail survivors.
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Survey Shows Clinician Opinions on Timing of End-of-life Discussions for Patients With Blood CancersJanuary 04, 2016
In a survey on end-of-life (EOL) discussions, hematologic oncologists reported that these discussions with patients who have blood cancers occur too late, according to a recent report.
Overall survival rates for Medicare beneficiaries with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) showed little difference related to disease-related costs, according to data presented at the 2015 ASH Annual Meeting in Florida.
Inherited Gene Variation Linked to an Increased Risk of Pediatric Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)November 11, 2015
Researchers studying two generations of a family affected by pediatric ALL identified an inherited variation in the ETV6 gene that is associated with an increased risk of developing the disease.
High-Dose Chemo and Stem Cell Transplantation Results in Long-Term Survival for Patients With AmyloidosisOctober 27, 2015
Patients with light-chain amyloidosis who are treated with high-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation have the greatest success for long-term survival.
Implementing proactive telephone support reduced unplanned hospitalizations among patients with blood cancers by 70%.
Recent results from a clinical trial show that ibrutinib (Imbruvica) continued to control Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia.
DT2219, a new bispecific ligand-directed diphtheria toxin, was found to be effective in a small group of patients with relapsed/refractory B-cell malignancies, according to clinical trial results.
A recent analysis suggests that breakthrough therapies for blood cancers may, in a majority of cases, provide reasonable value for money spent.
A new test can assist in the treatment of patients with graft-versus-host disease (GVHD), an often life-threatening complication of bone marrow and stem cell transplants.
Almost half of patients with blood cancer who had relapsed following allogeneic stem cell transplantation benefitted from treatment with the immune checkpoint blocker ipilimumab.
A short course of cyclophosphamide can not only prevent a life-threatening immune response in some bone marrow transplant recipients, but also can eliminate need for the typical 6-month round of immune suppression medicines.
Zydelig (idelalisib) has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to treat relapsed forms of blood cancer, but label warns drug may be toxic to the liver.
Scientists have developed a test which accurately predicts the prognosis for patients with the most common form of leukemia.
AG-221, a novel inhibitor of isocitrate dehydrogenase 2-mutant metabolic enzyme, showed early promise in patients with advanced and refractory blood cancers harboring IDH2 mutations.
Patients with a variety of hematologic cancers benefited from treatment with OTX015, a member of a new class of investigational epigenetic therapies that block the activity of bromodomain and extraterminal (BET)-bromodomain proteins.
A team of scientists looking into the interplay of the immune system and cancer have found a link between a having a history of airborne allergies with risk of blood cancers in women.
- Cholesterol-Lowering Drugs May Prevent Breast Cancer Recurrence
- Blood Test Predicts Stem Cell Transplant Success in Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Idelalisib Increases Progression-Free Survival in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Trends in Behaviors, Medical Practice Indicate Mortality From Melanoma Will Decline
- Immunotherapy and the Future of Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Nut Consumption Inversely Associated With Lung Cancer Risk
- Use of Checkpoint Inhibitors in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Chemo + Radiotherapy Efficacious in Muscle-invasive Bladder Cancer
- Elderly with NSCLC Can Tolerate Aggressive Radiation Therapy Treatments
- Colorectal Cancer Risk Higher With Poor Metabolic Health vs Increased Weight
- Best Approach to Infection and Tumor Treatment: Contain or Eliminate?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|