Studies presented in the last year demonstrated a revolutionary role for immune checkpoint inhibitors in the treatment of urothelial carcinoma.
Adding chemotherapy with fluorouracil and mitomycin to radiotherapy improves locoregional control.
Clinical trials show pembrolizumab active against mucosal melanoma, extends survival in bladder cancer.
The US Food and Drug Administration has approved nivolumab (Opdivo) for the treatment of patients with locally advanced or metastatic bladder cancer.
Faced with a harsh treatment option, a patient with genitourinary cancer helps create a treatment plan that preserves his self-image.
Smoking-attributable cancer mortality estimates have not been established by state; therefore, in this study, the proportion of cancer deaths among persons 35 years and older related to cigarette smoking in 2014 was calculated for each state and DC.
A recent study undertaken sought to examine the effects of chemotherapy on bladder cancer cells and possible connections to later treatment resistance.
Single-agent nivolumab induced durable clinical responses with a manageable safety profile in previously treated patients with locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma.
Emulsifying Mycobacterium brumae in olive oil appeared promising for producing a robust immune response in preclinical tests. Recent research has indicated that M brumae is a safer alternative to BCG.
US FDA granted accelerated approval to atezolizumab (TECENTRIQ), indicated for the treatment of locally advanced or metastatic UC in patients whose disease progressed during or following platinum-based chemotherapy, or in the neoadjuvant or adjuvant setting.
Researchers believe arsenic exposure might contribute to higher-than-normal rates of bladder cancer in the region.
Pioglitazone use correlated with increased rates of bladder cancer across a large population. The risk of developing bladder cancer also increased with higher dose and longer use of the drug.
A bladder preservation rate of 83% occurred at 3 years after a trimodality treatment approach for localized bladder cancer that used adaptive image-guided, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IG-IMRT).
Guideline on muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder cancer, with qualifying statements
Recent developments in a gas chromatography tool might allow doctors to determine whether urologic cancers are present via a urine sample.
Adjuvant chemotherapy was associated with improved survival in patients with locally advanced bladder cancer.
Mental health status prior to bladder cancer surgery may be associated with postoperative outcomes.
A novel immunotherapeutic approach improved outcomes for patients with advanced bladder cancer, according to a recent study.
Researchers developed a way to personalize treatments for aggressive bladder cancer. Taking bladder tumors from individual patients, identifying actionable mutations, and grafting the tumors into mice, researchers were able to simultaneously test multiple therapies in the tumor models.
Although some previous studies have suggested an increased risk of bladder cancer with use of the diabetes drug pioglitazone, additional analysis has not found a statistically significant increased risk.
Older white males with advanced bladder cancer are the most likely to commit suicide among patients with genitourinary cancers.
A newly developed urine test could help to guide clinicians in the treatment of bladder cancer patients.
The long-term survival rates following laparoscopic surgery for bladder cancer are not unlike survival rates for open surgery, according to research.
The antibody MPDL3280A, which blocks the protein PD-L1, resulted in tumor shrinkage in slightly over half of tested patients with advanced bladder cancer.
Long-term survival rates following laparoscopic surgery for bladder cancer are comparable to those of open surgery, according to recent study data.
There is no link between either pioglitazone or rosiglitazone and bladder cancer.
Patients with stage 2 or higher urothelial carcinoma who underwent a care transition more likely to experience a delay in treatment.
Researchers have demonstrated for the first time that the quality level of diagnostic staging using biopsy in patients with bladder cancer is directly linked with their survival.
Active smokers more knowledgeable than former smokers or nonsmokers, and often cite urologist as source of information.
In cases of bladder cancer, omission of muscle in specimen or its mention in pathology report is linked to increased mortality.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Shifts in Cancer Burden for People With HIV Projected
- Tissue Biobank Procurement Consent Should Include Discussion of Confidentiality Risks
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|