A comparison study presented at the 2017 SABCS sought to determine the effectiveness of bisphosphonates with denosumab for skeletal-related events in women with breast cancer metastases to bone.
The most commonly used medications for osteoporosis worldwide, bisphosphonates, may also prevent certain kinds of lung, breast, and colon cancers, according to two recent studies.
Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates have been associated with reduced risk of endometrial cancer, according to research.
In elderly patients with moderate- to high-risk early stage breast cancer for whom standard chemotherapy is too toxic, capecitabine did not improve outcomes when tested as monotherapy, according to recent data.
Data from two randomized controlled trials suggest that bisphosphonate use does not protect against postmenopausal breast cancer, according to research.
Treatment with zoledronate, a bisphosphonate, did not improve outcomes for women with chemoresistant breast cancer, according to initial results of a phase 3 clinical trial presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Adding bisphosphonates to myeloma treatment decreases fractures of the vertebra and bone pain, affirm the results of a review of 20 trials.
Long-term follow-up data suggest that adjuvant zoledronic acid results in highly significant disease-free and overall survival, mainly in patients with low levels of estrogen.
The FDA has announced labeling changes for bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for the treatment of glioblastoma and colorectal, breast, kidney, and nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancers.
A large study has found that the routine use of zoledronic acid in the adjuvant management of breast cancer is not beneficial, but might extend survival in a subset of postmenopausal women.
Hypercalcemia is the most common metabolic complication associated with malignancy and associated with poor prognosis; treatment is important for symptom palliation
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- FDA Issues Warning for Rolapitant Injectable Emulsion in the Treatment of CINV
- Risk Factors for Arterial, Venous Thrombosis Differ in Polycythemia Vera
- Patient Satisfaction Ratings Can Be Negatively Impacted by Nurse Staffing Ratio
- Resolving Vaginal Dryness in Women With a History of Breast Cancer
- BRCA Mutation Improves Prognosis for 2-year Survival in Younger-onset TNBC
- Pertuzumab Regimen Approved for Adjuvant, Neoadjuvant Therapy in Specific Breast Cancers
- Common Oncologic Emergencies That Occur With Multiple Myeloma
- Artificial Sweeteners and Cancer Risk (Fact Sheet)
- Blueberry Extract May Boost Efficacy of Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
- Dietary Estrogens Reduced Efficacy of Novel Breast Cancer Therapy
- Partial Response Achieved With Atezolizumab, Cobimetinib in Pretreated CRC
- Novel Approach Can Improve Both Colorectal Cancer Screening Outcomes and Adherence
- Survival Outcomes in Relapsed Hepatocellular Carcinoma Improved With Cabozantinib
- OS Similar With Gemcitabine Plus S-1 vs Standard Therapy for Biliary Tract Cancer
- Feasibility and Outcomes of Modified Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Nursing Management of Aged Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|