The most commonly used medications for osteoporosis worldwide, bisphosphonates, may also prevent certain kinds of lung, breast, and colon cancers, according to two recent studies.
Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates have been associated with reduced risk of endometrial cancer, according to research.
In elderly patients with moderate- to high-risk early stage breast cancer for whom standard chemotherapy is too toxic, capecitabine did not improve outcomes when tested as monotherapy, according to recent data.
Data from two randomized controlled trials suggest that bisphosphonate use does not protect against postmenopausal breast cancer, according to research.
Treatment with zoledronate, a bisphosphonate, did not improve outcomes for women with chemoresistant breast cancer, according to initial results of a phase 3 clinical trial presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Adding bisphosphonates to myeloma treatment decreases fractures of the vertebra and bone pain, affirm the results of a review of 20 trials.
Long-term follow-up data suggest that adjuvant zoledronic acid results in highly significant disease-free and overall survival, mainly in patients with low levels of estrogen.
The FDA has announced labeling changes for bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for the treatment of glioblastoma and colorectal, breast, kidney, and nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancers.
A large study has found that the routine use of zoledronic acid in the adjuvant management of breast cancer is not beneficial, but might extend survival in a subset of postmenopausal women.
Hypercalcemia is the most common metabolic complication associated with malignancy and associated with poor prognosis; treatment is important for symptom palliation
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Cancer: A Review of Available Interventions
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|