The most commonly used medications for osteoporosis worldwide, bisphosphonates, may also prevent certain kinds of lung, breast, and colon cancers, according to two recent studies.
Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates have been associated with reduced risk of endometrial cancer, according to research.
In elderly patients with moderate- to high-risk early stage breast cancer for whom standard chemotherapy is too toxic, capecitabine did not improve outcomes when tested as monotherapy, according to recent data.
Data from two randomized controlled trials suggest that bisphosphonate use does not protect against postmenopausal breast cancer, according to research.
Treatment with zoledronate, a bisphosphonate, did not improve outcomes for women with chemoresistant breast cancer, according to initial results of a phase 3 clinical trial presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Adding bisphosphonates to myeloma treatment decreases fractures of the vertebra and bone pain, affirm the results of a review of 20 trials.
Long-term follow-up data suggest that adjuvant zoledronic acid results in highly significant disease-free and overall survival, mainly in patients with low levels of estrogen.
The FDA has announced labeling changes for bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for the treatment of glioblastoma and colorectal, breast, kidney, and nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancers.
A large study has found that the routine use of zoledronic acid in the adjuvant management of breast cancer is not beneficial, but might extend survival in a subset of postmenopausal women.
Hypercalcemia is the most common metabolic complication associated with malignancy and associated with poor prognosis; treatment is important for symptom palliation
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- CRISPR Illustrates Progression of Normal Blood Cells to Leukemia, Precursor Diseases
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Beneficial for Improving Sexual Functioning
- Tattoo Transforms Mastectomy Scars Into Personal Art for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Specialized Cancer Centers May Improve Outcomes in Children with Leukemia
- ASTRO Issues Updated Guidelines on Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Patients With a Recurrence Score of 11 to 25 May Not Benefit from Chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|