The most commonly used medications for osteoporosis worldwide, bisphosphonates, may also prevent certain kinds of lung, breast, and colon cancers, according to two recent studies.
Nitrogen-containing bisphosphonates have been associated with reduced risk of endometrial cancer, according to research.
In elderly patients with moderate- to high-risk early stage breast cancer for whom standard chemotherapy is too toxic, capecitabine did not improve outcomes when tested as monotherapy, according to recent data.
Data from two randomized controlled trials suggest that bisphosphonate use does not protect against postmenopausal breast cancer, according to research.
Treatment with zoledronate, a bisphosphonate, did not improve outcomes for women with chemoresistant breast cancer, according to initial results of a phase 3 clinical trial presented at the 2013 San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium.
Adding bisphosphonates to myeloma treatment decreases fractures of the vertebra and bone pain, affirm the results of a review of 20 trials.
Long-term follow-up data suggest that adjuvant zoledronic acid results in highly significant disease-free and overall survival, mainly in patients with low levels of estrogen.
The FDA has announced labeling changes for bevacizumab (Avastin), indicated for the treatment of glioblastoma and colorectal, breast, kidney, and nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancers.
A large study has found that the routine use of zoledronic acid in the adjuvant management of breast cancer is not beneficial, but might extend survival in a subset of postmenopausal women.
Hypercalcemia is the most common metabolic complication associated with malignancy and associated with poor prognosis; treatment is important for symptom palliation
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|