Generic Name and Formulations:
Isosorbide dinitrate 20mg, hydralazine HCl 37.5mg; scored tabs.
Arbor Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Indications for BIDIL:
Heart failure (HF) in black patients, as adjunct to standard treatment, to improve survival, prolong time to hospitalization for HF, and improve patient-reported functional status.
Limitations Of use:
Not established in NYHA Class IV HF.
Initially 1 tab 3 times daily, may reduce to ½ tab 3 times daily if not tolerated; titrate as tolerated after 3–5 days. Max 2 tabs 3 times daily.
Allergy to organic nitrates. Concomitant PDE5 inhibitors (eg, avanafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil), or riociguat.
Correct volume/salt depletion prior to initiation. Hypotension. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Discontinue if syncope occurs. Give pyridoxine if peripheral neuritis occurs. Hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Vasodilators (nitrate + direct-acting).
See Contraindications. Severe hypotension with PDE5 inhibitors or riociguat.
Headache (usually transient), dizziness, asthenia, nausea, vomiting, hypotension, sinusitis, tachycardia, paresthesia, amblyopia; SLE.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Triplet Regimen Found Most Effective for Relapsed/Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- Integrating Preoperative Oral Care Into Cancer Treatment Plans
- Current Status and Dilemma of Second-line Treatment in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer: Is There a Silver Lining?
- American Association for Cancer Research Releases Its 2018 Annual Report
- Pulmonary Toxicity Increased in Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma Treated With Brentuximab Vedotin
- Benefit of Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer Observed With Midrange Gene Assay Score
- Antioxidant Interaction With Cancer Therapy
- Young Survivors of Breast Cancer Report Sexual Quality of Life Declines After Treatment
- Myeloablative Conditioning Effective in AML Secondary to MDS/MPN Prior to Allogeneic HCT
- Insurance Status Influences Overall Survival in Follicular Lymphoma
- Endocrine Society Released Guidelines for Managing Endocrine Disorders in Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Skin Cancer Screening: Are They Effective?
- Metronidazole, Vancomycin Recommended for C Difficile in Pediatric Oncology, HSCT
- CDC: HPV Vaccination Rates on the Rise Among Adolescents
- High-Dose vs Standard-Dose Flu Vaccine in Elderly Receiving Chemotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|