Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis recombinant proteins 50mcg each of Neisserial adhesin A (NadA), Neisserial Heparin Binding Antigen (NHBA), and factor H binding protein (fHbp), 25mcg of Outer Membrane Vesicles (OMV); per 0.5mL; susp for IM inj.
Indications for BEXSERO:
Meningitis B immunization.
Adults and Children:
<10yrs: not established. Give by IM inj in deltoid muscle of upper arm. 10–25yrs: 2 doses (0.5mL each) given at least 1 month apart.
Severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of Bexsero.
May not protect against all meningococcal serogroup B strains. Have epinephrine inj available. Immunosuppressed. Latex allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, myalgia, erythema, fatigue, headache, induration, nausea, arthralgia; syncope.
To register women who receive Bexsero during pregnancy call (877) 683-4732.
Single-dose prefilled syringes—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|