Betaxolol HCl Ophthalmic Solution Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Betaxolol HCl 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for Betaxolol HCl Ophthalmic Solution:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1–2 drops in affected eye(s) twice daily. Concomitant therapy with pilocarpine and other miotics, and/or epinephrine and/or carbonic anhydrase inhibitors can be instituted if needed.
Sinus bradycardia. Greater than 1st-degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Overt cardiac failure.
History of cardiac failure or heart block. Discontinue at 1st sign of cardiac failure. Asthma. Pulmonary impairment. Diabetes (esp. labile). May mask hypoglycemia and hyperthyroidism. May potentiate muscle weakness. Discontinue before general anesthesia. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
May potentiate or be potentiated by systemic β-blockers. May potentiate reserpine, hypoglycemics. May antagonize adrenergic psychotropics.
Transient discomfort, tearing. Rarely: decreased corneal sensitivity, erythema, itch, corneal punctate staining, keratitis, anisocoria, photophobia, depression, headache, bradycardia, dyspnea, hives.
Formerly known under the brand name Betoptic.
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|