Generic Name and Formulations:
Levobunolol HCl 0.5%; oph. soln; contains benzalkonium chloride, sodium metabisulfite.
Indications for BETAGAN:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1–2 drops of 0.5% 1–2 times daily. Remove contact lenses prior to administration; may reinsert 15mins later.
Bronchial asthma. Severe COPD. Sinus bradycardia. 2nd- or 3rd-degree AV block. Overt cardiac failure. Cardiogenic shock.
Mild or moderate COPD, bronchospastic disease; not recommended. Impair compensatory tachycardia. Increase risk of hypotension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Choroidal detachment after filtration procedures. Diminished pulmonary function. Cerebrovascular insufficiency. Angle-closure glaucoma. Myasthenia. Withdraw gradually before surgery. Discontinue at first sign of cardiac failure. Vascular insufficiency (eg, Raynaud's phenomenon). Sulfite sensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with systemic β-blockers, digitalis, calcium blockers, reserpine, phenothiazine-related drugs. Mydriasis with epinephrine.
Transient ocular burning, stinging, blepharoconjunctivitis, bradycardia, hypotension, iridocyclitis, headache, transient ataxia, dizziness, lethargy, urticaria, pruritus, decreased corneal sensitivity; systemic absorption (bronchospasm, cardiac failure).
Soln—5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Outcomes in SCCHN Improved With Swap of Docetaxel for 5-FU in Palliative Regimen
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|