BENTYL INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Dicyclomine HCl 10mg/mL; soln for IM inj.
Indications for BENTYL INJECTION:
Irritable bowel syndrome.
Give by IM route only. 10–20mg four times daily for max 1–2 days when oral therapy is not feasible.
<6months: see Contraindications. ≥6months: consult manufacturer.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis. Reflux esophagitis. Children <6months of age. Nursing mothers.
Inj: avoid IV administration (may cause thrombosis, inj site reactions). Autonomic neuropathy. Hepatic or renal impairment. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Salmonella dysentery. Toxic megacolon. Ulcerative colitis. GI or GU obstruction. High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.B).
Antacids may inhibit absorption; avoid. May antagonize anti-glaucoma agents or drugs that alter GI motility (eg, metoclopramide). Antagonized by agents used to treat achlorhydria and those used to test gastric secretion. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, narcotic analgesics, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, antipsychotics, tricyclics, amantadine, benzodiazepines, MAOIs, nitrites, nitrates, sympathomimetics. May affect absorption of sust rel dosage forms.
Dizziness, dry mouth, blurred vision, nausea, somnolence, asthenia, and nervousness; cardiovascular and CNS symptoms (eg, psychosis, delirium). Fatal reactions have occurred in infants.
Caps, tabs—100; Syrup—contact supplier; Amps (2mL)—5
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|