BC ARTHRITIS STRENGTH OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aspirin 742mg, caffeine 38mg, salicylamide 222mg; per powder; contains potassium 65mg/powder.
Prestige Brands, Inc.
Indications for BC ARTHRITIS STRENGTH:
Minor arthritis pain.
Place powder on tongue and follow with liquid; or may stir into glass of water or other liquids. 1 powder every 3–4 hours; max: 4 powders/24 hours.
NSAID allergy. Viral infection in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester pregnancy.
History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Bleeding disorders. Diabetes. Gout. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate, acetazolamide, valproic acid, highly protein-bound drugs. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, diuretics, uricosurics. Increased bleeding risk with NSAIDs or chronic, heavy alcohol use. NSAIDs increase risk of renal dysfunction. Additive effects with other caffeine-containing products.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, anaphylaxis, salicylism.
Powder—6, 24, 50
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|