BAYER, ASPIRIN REGIMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aspirin 81mg tabs, 325mg caplets; e-c.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for BAYER, ASPIRIN REGIMEN:
To reduce combined risk of death and nonfatal stroke after ischemic stroke or TIA. To reduce risk of vascular mortality in suspected acute MI. To reduce combined risk of death and nonfatal MI after MI or unstable angina pectoris. To reduce combined risk of MI and sudden death in chronic stable angina. Revascularization procedures.
Ischemic stroke and TIA: 50–325mg once daily. Suspected acute MI: 160–162.5mg once daily (start as soon as MI suspected) then for at least 30 days post-MI. Prevention of recurrent MI, unstable angina pectoris, chronic stable angina: 75–325mg once daily. Coronary artery bypass graft: 325mg once daily (start 6hrs after procedure) for 1yr. Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: 325mg 2 hours before surgery, then 160–325mg once daily. Carotid endarterectomy: 80mg once daily to 650mg twice daily (start before surgery).
NSAID allergy. Viral infection in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester pregnancy.
History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Bleeding disorders. Diabetes. Gout. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate, acetazolamide, valproic acid, highly protein-bound drugs. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, diuretics, uricosurics. Increased bleeding risk with NSAIDs or chronic, heavy alcohol use. NSAIDs increase risk of renal dysfunction.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, anaphylaxis, salicylism.
Aspirin Regimen 81mg—32, 120, 180; Aspirin Regimen 325mg—100; Children's—36; Bayer Tabs—12, 24, 50, 100, 200, 300, 365; Caplets—50, 100, 200; Gelcaps—40, 80
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|