Basal Cell Carcinoma
Using data from the NHS and the HPFS, researchers investigated the association between polyunsaturated fat, cholesterol, and monounsaturated fat intake and risks for SCC, melanoma, and BCC.
Current study evaluated reflectance mode, horizontal scanning for removal of eyelid basal cell carcinoma.
Results from a clinical trial indicate that 2 topical creams compared favorably to photodynamic therapy for primary, low-risk superficial basal cell carcinoma.
Aggressive basal cell skin cancers have higher levels of both EZH2 and Ki67, suggesting these proteins have potential to serve as biomarkers for when basal cell carcinoma has become dangerous.
Faster growth rate for basal cell carcinomas is seen in association with recurrent tumors, larger tumors at presentation, and male sex.
A new class of drugs targeting the genetic material of skin cancer has been successfully tested in humans for the first time. This opens the way to new treatments for a range of conditions from skin cancers to eye diseases.
New research shows that poor parental relationships can have a lasting impact on cancer risk.
Because people who have had multiple bouts of basal cell carcinoma always risk recurrence, the disease can be considered chronic for such patients.
Sunburn, baseline sun exposure, and sun protective measures do not independently predict risk of BCC.
An inverse association exists between caffeine from all dietary sources and the risk of basal cell carcinoma.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Is Radioimmunotherapy a Path Forward for Melanoma?
- FDA Approves Mogamulizumab-kpkc for Rare Subtypes of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- New PDL1 Inhibitors for Non-small Cell Lung Cancer: Focus on Pembrolizumab
- Intensive Chemotherapy May Not Be Effective in MDS or AML After MDS
- ASCO Endorses SIO Guideline for Integrative Therapies in Breast Cancer
- NCCIH HerbList App Launched to Provide Information on Herbal Products
- Metformin Use May Improve Survival Outcomes in Bladder Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Associated With Lower Breast Cancer Risk
- Nurse-Led Program Improves Health, Financial Outcomes in Outpatient Chemotherapy
- Seeking Reliable Information on Herbal Products
- Disparities Remain in Prevalence of Cancer Screening Tests
- Hope, Gratitude, and Spirituality: What They Mean to Cancer Patients
- FDA, EU Approvals Sought for Split Dose Regimen of Daratumumab for Multiple Myeloma
- 8 Hours of Bedrest May Be Ideal After Intrathecal Chemotherapy in Hematologic Cancers
- Combined Digital Screening Best for Detecting Breast Cancers
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|