Basal Cell Carcinoma
Current study evaluated reflectance mode, horizontal scanning for removal of eyelid basal cell carcinoma.
Results from a clinical trial indicate that 2 topical creams compared favorably to photodynamic therapy for primary, low-risk superficial basal cell carcinoma.
Aggressive basal cell skin cancers have higher levels of both EZH2 and Ki67, suggesting these proteins have potential to serve as biomarkers for when basal cell carcinoma has become dangerous.
Faster growth rate for basal cell carcinomas is seen in association with recurrent tumors, larger tumors at presentation, and male sex.
A new class of drugs targeting the genetic material of skin cancer has been successfully tested in humans for the first time. This opens the way to new treatments for a range of conditions from skin cancers to eye diseases.
New research shows that poor parental relationships can have a lasting impact on cancer risk.
Because people who have had multiple bouts of basal cell carcinoma always risk recurrence, the disease can be considered chronic for such patients.
Sunburn, baseline sun exposure, and sun protective measures do not independently predict risk of BCC.
An inverse association exists between caffeine from all dietary sources and the risk of basal cell carcinoma.
- Earlier and Later Adult BMI Associated With Multiple Myeloma Risk
- Patients Undergoing Multiple Systemic Therapies for Metastatic Prostate Cancer Expect a Cure
- CRISPR Illustrates Progression of Normal Blood Cells to Leukemia, Precursor Diseases
- E-cigarettes and Replacement Nicotine Therapy Safer Than Tobacco Use
- Cost-Effectiveness of Immunotherapy for Advanced Melanoma Evaluated
- Lung Cancer Screening Rates Low Among Present and Former Smokers
- Survivors Reporting Chronic Neuropathic Pain Struggle to Retain Jobs
- Timing of Chemotherapy Infusion Affects Inflammatory Response to Chemotherapy
- Postoperative Gemcitabine Plus Capecitabine: A New Standard of Care for Pancreatic Cancer
- Blood-Forming Stem Cell Transplants (Fact Sheet)
- Internet-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Beneficial for Improving Sexual Functioning
- Tattoo Transforms Mastectomy Scars Into Personal Art for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Specialized Cancer Centers May Improve Outcomes in Children with Leukemia
- ASTRO Issues Updated Guidelines on Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Patients With a Recurrence Score of 11 to 25 May Not Benefit from Chemo
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|