Generic Name and Formulations:
Rufinamide 200mg, 400mg; scored tabs.
Indications for BANZEL:
Adjunctive treatment of seizures in Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
Take with food in 2 equally divided doses. ≥17yrs: initially 400–800mg per day; increase by 400–800mg/day every other day up to max 3200mg/day. Avoid abrupt cessation (reduce dose by 25% every 2 days).
Take with food in 2 equally divided doses. <1yrs: not established. 1–<17yrs: initially 10mg/kg per day; increase every other day by 10mg/kg up to max 45mg/kg per day or 3200mg/day (whichever is less). Avoid abrupt cessation (reduce dose by 25% every 2 days).
Familial short QT syndrome.
Increased risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior; monitor for new or worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts, or unusual changes. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Mild to moderate hepatic impairment. Dialysis (may adjust dose). Monitor for multi-organ hypersensitivity reactions; discontinue if suspected. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with drugs that shorten QT interval. CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Antagonizes carbamazepine, lamotrigine, triazolam. May potentiate phenobarbital, phenytoin. Potentiated by valproate (reduce doses). Antagonized by carbamazepine, phenobarbital, primidone, phenytoin. May affect substrates of CYP3A4, CYP2E1 (monitor). Antagonizes hormonal contraceptives (use non-hormonal forms too). May be affected by inducers or inhibitors of carboxylesterases.
Headache, dizziness, fatigue, somnolence, nausea, incoordination, gait disturbances, ataxia, visual disturbances, leukopenia, fever/rash.
Tabs—120; Susp—460mL (w. adapter & dosing syringe)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|