Bacitracin Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin 50000Units/vial; pwd for IM inj after reconstitution.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bacitracin Injection:
Treatment of infants with pneumonia and empyema caused by susceptible staphylococci infections.
Give by IM inj in upper outer quadrant of buttocks. Rotate inj site. <2.5kg: 900Units/kg/day in 2‒3 divided doses. >2.5kg: 1000Units/kg/day in 2‒3 divided doses.
Administer only where adequate lab facilities available with constant patient supervision. Monitor renal function; discontinue if nephrotoxicity occurs. Maintain adequate fluid intake.
Avoid concomitant nephrotoxic drugs (eg, streptomycin, kanamycin, polymyxin B, polymyxin E (colistin), neomycin).
Nephrotoxicity (albuminuria, cylindruria, azotemia), nausea, vomiting, inj site pain, rash; superinfection.
Formerly known under the brand name BACiiM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|