Generic Name and Formulations:
Brinzolamide 1%; oph. susp; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for AZOPT:
Open-angle glaucoma. Ocular hypertension.
1 drop 3 times daily.
Hepatic impairment. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Discontinue if serious systemic, ocular (eg, conjunctivitis, lid edema), or hypersensitivity reactions occur. Soft contact lenses (remove; may reinsert 15 minutes after administration). Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant oral carbonic anhydrase inhibitors: not recommended. Separate administration of other oph drugs by ≥10 minutes.
Carbonic anhydrase inhibitor (sulfonamide).
Blurred vision, bitter/sour taste, blepharitis, dermatitis, dry eye, foreign body sensation, headache, hyperemia; ocular discharge, discomfort, or itch; keratitis, rhinitis.
Susp—2.5mL, 5mL, 10mL, 15mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Rate Increased by Digital Self-Ordering
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|