Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftazidime 2g, avibactam 0.5g; per vial; pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution; sodium content 6.4mEq/vial.
Indications for AVYCAZ:
Susceptible infections including complicated intra-abdominal infections (cIAI), in combination with metronidazole, complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI), including pyelonephritis, and hospital-acquired or ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (HABP/VABP).
Give by IV infusion over 2hrs. ≥18yrs: 2.5g every 8hrs. cIAI (in combination with metronidazole): treat for 5–14 days. cUTI, HABP/VABP: treat for 7–14 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 31–50mL/min): 1.25g every 8hrs; (CrCl 16–30mL/min): 0.94g every 12hrs; (CrCl 6–15mL/min): 0.94g every 24hrs; (CrCl ≤5mL/min): 0.94g every 48hrs; give after hemodialysis on hemodialysis days.
<18yrs: not established.
Penicillin or other beta-lactam allergy. Discontinue if allergic reaction occurs. Evaluate and manage fluid, electrolyte levels, supplement protein intake if C.diff-associated diarrhea suspected or confirmed. Renal impairment; monitor CrCl at least daily and adjust dose as necessary. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant probenecid: not recommended. False (+) urine glucose test possible.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting; C.diff-associated diarrhea, hypersensitivity reactions, CNS reactions (eg, seizure, encephalopathy, coma).
Single-use vial—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Breast Cancer Screening Recommendations Not Completely Reflective of Race, Age
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|