AUGMENTIN XR Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Amoxicillin 1000mg, clavulanic acid (as potassium) 62.5mg; scored ext-rel tabs.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for AUGMENTIN XR:
Susceptible infections including community-acquired pneumonia and acute bacterial sinusitis (see full labeling).
Take with meals. May split scored tabs; do not reduce dose. Two Augmentin 500mg tabs are not equivalent to one XR tab. ≥16yrs: 2 tabs every 12 hrs. Sinusitis: treat for 10 days. CAP: treat for 7–10 days.
<16yrs: not recommended.
History of Augmentin-associated cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction. XR: Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) or hemodialysis.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Hepatic dysfunction. Mononucleosis. Elderly (consider monitoring renal function). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Benedict's or Fehling's soln. Probenecid potentiates amoxicillin. May potentiate oral anticoagulants (monitor). May antagonize oral contraceptives.
Broad-spectrum penicillin + β-lactamase inhibitor.
Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, rash, urticaria, vomiting, vaginitis; anaphylaxis.
XR tabs—28, 40; Tabs 250mg—30; Tabs 500mg, 875mg—20; Susp 125mg/5mL, 250mg/5mL—75mL, 100mL, 150mL; Susp 200mg/5mL, 400mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL; Chew tabs 125mg, 250mg—30; Chew tabs 200mg, 400mg—20; Susp ES-600 600mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL, 150mL, 200mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|