AUGMENTIN ES-600 SUSPENSION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Amoxicillin 600mg, clavulanic acid (as potassium) 42.9mg; per 5mL; strawberry cream flavor (may add FLAVORx); contains phenylalanine.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for AUGMENTIN ES-600 SUSPENSION:
Susceptible recurrent or persistent acute otitis media (see full labeling).
Take with food. Base dose on amoxicillin component. Due to clavulanic acid component, ES-600 is not interchangable with other susp formulations. <3months: not recommended. ≥3months (<40kg): 90mg/kg per day in 2 divided doses every 12 hours for 10 days. ≥40kg: not recommended.
History of Augmentin-associated cholestatic jaundice/hepatic dysfunction. XR: Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min) or hemodialysis.
Cephalosporin, imipenem, or other allergy: not recommended. Monitor blood, renal, and hepatic function in long-term use. Hepatic dysfunction. Mononucleosis. Elderly (consider monitoring renal function). Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
May cause false (+) glucose test with Clinitest, Benedict's or Fehling's soln. Probenecid potentiates amoxicillin. May potentiate oral anticoagulants (monitor). May antagonize oral contraceptives.
Broad-spectrum penicillin + β-lactamase inhibitor.
Diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain, rash, urticaria, vomiting, vaginitis; anaphylaxis.
XR tabs—28, 40; Tabs 250mg—30; Tabs 500mg, 875mg—20; Susp 125mg/5mL, 250mg/5mL—75mL, 100mL, 150mL; Susp 200mg/5mL, 400mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL; Chew tabs 125mg, 250mg—30; Chew tabs 200mg, 400mg—20; Susp ES-600 600mg/5mL—50mL, 75mL, 100mL, 125mL, 150mL, 200mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Outcomes in SCCHN Improved With Swap of Docetaxel for 5-FU in Palliative Regimen
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|