Generic Name and Formulations:
Lorazepam 0.5mg, 1mg+, 2mg+; tabs; +scored.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for ATIVAN:
Give in 2 or 3 divided doses, with largest dose taken at bedtime. Individualize. Initially 2–3mg daily; range: 1–10mg daily. Elderly or debilitated: initially 1–2mg daily; adjust gradually if needed.
Acute narrow-angle glaucoma.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Therapy for >4 months. Discontinue if paradoxical reactions occur. Primary depressive disorder or psychosis: not recommended. Suicidal tendencies (monitor). Renal or hepatic impairment. Compromised respiratory function. Seizure disorder. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor blood counts, liver function with long-term use. Abuse potential (monitor). Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid abrupt cessation. Change dose gradually. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (during the 1st trimester), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Potentiation of CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, barbiturates, antipsychotics, sedatives/hypnotics, anxiolytics, others). Caution with clozapine. May be potentiated by probenecid or valproate (reduce lorazepam dose by 50%). May be antagonized by theophylline, aminophylline.
CNS depression (esp. sedation), dizziness, weakness, unsteadiness, transient memory impairment, confusion, disorientation, nausea, change in appetite, headache, sleep apnea.
Tabs—100, 500, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
- Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Test for Select BRCA Mutations Gets FDA Nod
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|