New research indicates that the IDH1 gene might be a prognostic marker for a rare form of brain cancer.
Patients with malignant astrocytoma whose tumors carry the gene mutation IDH1 may benefit greatly from surgical removal of the largest possible amount of tumor.
When 96 pilocytic astrocytomas were analyzed by whole-genome sequencing, all had MAPK-pathway alterations. This indicates that pilocytic astrocytoma is predominantly a single-pathway disease.
A new study offers glimpses into how scientists will be using the ongoing flood of gene-sequencing data to customize treatments based on very specific mutations in a child's tumor.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- LIVESTRONG Exercise Program Improves QoL in Cancer Survivors
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Costs, Complications Higher for Women Who Undergo Second Surgery After BCS
- Omitting RT in Certain Older Women With Early Breast Cancer is Safe
- Fluorescent Nanoparticles Represent Novel Detection Method of HER2 Expression
- Assessment of Stromal Features in DCIS Requires Robustness
- Profile of Tivantinib and its Potential in the Treatment of Hepatocellular Carcinoma: the evidence to date
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|