Qualifications to guidelines include stronger statements in favor of chemotherapy in some cases.
Shorter time to testosterone recovery with 18 versus 36 months androgen deprivation therapy.
The use of adjuvant radiation therapy in the treatment of endometrial cancer is detailed in a new guideline issued by the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Specific guidance for delivering high dose-rate brachytherapy to improve quality and safety is offered in a new white paper from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Two-item Patient Health Questionnaire can detect major depression in patients receiving radiotherapy.
Memantine, which is already approved to help improve cognition in some patients with dementia, may limit declines in memory and cognitive function in patients who are undergoing WBRT to treat cancer that has spread to the brain.
Proton therapy preserves quality of life, meaning specifically urinary and bowel function, in men treated with this targeted radiation modality for prostate cancer. This research obtained information directly from the men who underwent the therapy, rather than from their treatment providers.
This year-long study focused on the workflow of a Radiation Oncology department and found a strong correlation between implementing a Conditions Reporting System and increasingly positive responses to staff surveys that focused on the culture of safety within the department.
The risk of uterine cancer recurrence may be increased by waiting too long after a hysterectomy to begin radiation therapy. For patients with uterine cancer who are not receiving chemotherapy, tumors were found to be more likely to return if radiation therapy was delayed 9 weeks or longer following surgery.
When measures are implemented to ensure that radiation protocols are followed, deviations decrease and overall survival improves in patients with cancer.
- Prehabilitation Program Improves Preoperative Fitness in Patients With Colorectal Cancer
- Acupuncture Improves Postoperative Symptoms in Women Undergoing Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Combination of Gemcitabine and New CHK1 Inhibitor Is Effective in Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Alcohol Consumption, Particularly White Wine, Associated With Increased Risk of Melanoma
- In HER2+ Breast Cancer, Higher TIL Levels Associated With Improved OS
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Timing Chemotherapy Administration to Circadian Rhythm Improves Drug Effectiveness
- New Therapy Blocks Breast Cancer Cells From Entering and Hiding in Bone Marrow to Form Latent Metastases
- Community Breast Navigation Program Improved Breast Screening Rates in Underserved African American and Latino Women
- Live-streamed Videos Address End-of-Life Planning, Decision-making
- Metastatic Disease Linked to Patients Reporting Diminished QoL
- History of Bilateral Salpingo-oophorectomy, Hormone Replacement Therapy Are Predictive of Breast Density at Cancer Diagnosis
- Mammographically Occult Contralateral Breast Cancer Detection is Effective With Preoperative MRI
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|