Qualifications to guidelines include stronger statements in favor of chemotherapy in some cases.
Shorter time to testosterone recovery with 18 versus 36 months androgen deprivation therapy.
The use of adjuvant radiation therapy in the treatment of endometrial cancer is detailed in a new guideline issued by the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Specific guidance for delivering high dose-rate brachytherapy to improve quality and safety is offered in a new white paper from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Two-item Patient Health Questionnaire can detect major depression in patients receiving radiotherapy.
Memantine, which is already approved to help improve cognition in some patients with dementia, may limit declines in memory and cognitive function in patients who are undergoing WBRT to treat cancer that has spread to the brain.
Proton therapy preserves quality of life, meaning specifically urinary and bowel function, in men treated with this targeted radiation modality for prostate cancer. This research obtained information directly from the men who underwent the therapy, rather than from their treatment providers.
This year-long study focused on the workflow of a Radiation Oncology department and found a strong correlation between implementing a Conditions Reporting System and increasingly positive responses to staff surveys that focused on the culture of safety within the department.
The risk of uterine cancer recurrence may be increased by waiting too long after a hysterectomy to begin radiation therapy. For patients with uterine cancer who are not receiving chemotherapy, tumors were found to be more likely to return if radiation therapy was delayed 9 weeks or longer following surgery.
When measures are implemented to ensure that radiation protocols are followed, deviations decrease and overall survival improves in patients with cancer.
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
- Childhood Cancer Linked to Poor Diet Quality in Adult Survivors
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Study Suggests More Men With Prostate Cancer Would Choose Active Surveillance if it Were Offered
- The Bounty of Failure: A Well-Versed Nursing Experience
- Olaratumab in Combo With Doxorubicin Approved for Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- POLST Programs Can Benefit from the Relationship Between Patients and Nurse Practitioners
- Hydroxyurea May Improve Kidney Function in PV-Associated Nephrotic Syndrome
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|