Palliative radiotherapy for bone metastases is safe, effective — but controversy persists for single-fraction treatment.
Qualifications to guidelines include stronger statements in favor of chemotherapy in some cases.
Shorter time to testosterone recovery with 18 versus 36 months androgen deprivation therapy.
The use of adjuvant radiation therapy in the treatment of endometrial cancer is detailed in a new guideline issued by the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Specific guidance for delivering high dose-rate brachytherapy to improve quality and safety is offered in a new white paper from the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
Two-item Patient Health Questionnaire can detect major depression in patients receiving radiotherapy.
Memantine, which is already approved to help improve cognition in some patients with dementia, may limit declines in memory and cognitive function in patients who are undergoing WBRT to treat cancer that has spread to the brain.
Proton therapy preserves quality of life, meaning specifically urinary and bowel function, in men treated with this targeted radiation modality for prostate cancer. This research obtained information directly from the men who underwent the therapy, rather than from their treatment providers.
This year-long study focused on the workflow of a Radiation Oncology department and found a strong correlation between implementing a Conditions Reporting System and increasingly positive responses to staff surveys that focused on the culture of safety within the department.
The risk of uterine cancer recurrence may be increased by waiting too long after a hysterectomy to begin radiation therapy. For patients with uterine cancer who are not receiving chemotherapy, tumors were found to be more likely to return if radiation therapy was delayed 9 weeks or longer following surgery.
When measures are implemented to ensure that radiation protocols are followed, deviations decrease and overall survival improves in patients with cancer.
- Whole Genome Sequencing Reveals that 12% of Childhood Cancer Survivors Have Mutations in Genes that Increase Cancer Risk
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Novel Test For Multiple Myeloma Uses Microchip, Conventional Blood Sample
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Family History Does Not Exclude Active Surveillance as Treatment Option for Prostate Cancer
- Beans, Whole Grains in Diet Beneficial for Colorectal Cancer Survivors
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Shifts in Cancer Burden for People With HIV Projected
- Tissue Biobank Procurement Consent Should Include Discussion of Confidentiality Risks
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|