Ask A Pharmacist
What is being done to address shortages of chemotherapy drugs?
What are some nonhormonal treatments that can improve vaginal dryness in women with a history of breast cancer?
What is the concern behind PARP inhibitors and leukemia?
Why was the ESA APPRISE risk evaluation and mitigation strategy program discontinued?
What is the difference between the CDK inhibitors?
Do monoclonal antibodies other than daratumumab cause false positives in the blood antibody screen and crossmatch obtained prior to a transfusion?
If type and crossmatch is obtained before initiating treatment with daratumumab, what good would that do if a transfusion is required a month later?
Why is a type and crossmatch needed before starting patients on treatment with daratumumab (Darzalex)?
Which vaccines should be avoided in patients receiving chemotherapy?
I hear the term "financial toxicity" used more and more when people are discussing the cost of cancer treatments. What exactly is financial toxicity?
I was surprised to see an order for arsenic recently. What is this being used for?
What precautions should be taken to prevent tumor lysis syndrome (TLS) in patients receiving venetoclax (Venclexta)?
There is a lot of talk about biosimilar drugs. What makes a drug a biosimilar?
What is the interaction between oral chemotherapy and GERD medicines?
How should side effects of the new checkpoint inhibitor drugs be managed?
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Chemotherapy agents are sometimes required to be administered in a specific sequence. What factors influence the need to follow a specific sequence?
What factors should be considered when calculating an adequate postmedication flush to deliver complete, accurate doses of small-volume IV medications to our patients?
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
During the summer, many patients with CML who are taking oral chemotherapy drugs have questions about taking their drugs while traveling. What advice can we give them regarding this?
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Why do the antibody drugs have such long names?
Patients periodically ask about the use of marijuana in cancer treatment. Is there any data about this?
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Physical Inactivity Linked With Increased Risk of Hodgkin, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Challenges for Young Adult Couples Facing a Cancer Diagnosis
- Progression-Free Survival Extended With PANEX Protocol in R/R Multiple Myeloma
- Following ACS Guidelines Shown to Improve Outcomes for Colon Cancer Survivors
- National Cancer Drug Shortages Unknown to Many Patients
- Letter-Writing Project Communicates Care Wishes to Healthcare Team, Family
- Pivot Nurse Improves Patients' Navigation Through Lung Cancer Care
- Long-term Carfilzomib May Be Safe, Effective In Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Palliative Sedation a Valid Option for Refractory Symptoms in End-stage Cancer
- Testicular Cancer Treatment May Increase Risk for Heart Disease in Survivors
- Spotlight on Triptorelin in the Treatment of Premenopausal Women with Early-Stage Breast Cancer
- Redefining Prognosis for Hematologic Cancers in Older Adults by Age
- Outcomes for Elderly With Hematologic Cancers Effected by Cognitive Impairments
- Evolving Role of Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Mesothelioma
- FDA Approves Fostamatinib for ITP After Insufficient Response to Previous Treatment
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|