Ask a Pharmacist
What factors should be considered when calculating an adequate postmedication flush to deliver complete, accurate doses of small-volume IV medications to our patients?
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
During the summer, many patients with CML who are taking oral chemotherapy drugs have questions about taking their drugs while traveling. What advice can we give them regarding this?
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Why do the antibody drugs have such long names?
Patients periodically ask about the use of marijuana in cancer treatment. Is there any data about this?
What are the most effective treatments for MS pain in patients with co-existing cancer?
How should severe mucositis from capecitabine (Xeloda) be managed?
Why do some drugs need a micron filter and what is the affect of using one?
When giving gemcitabine (Gemzar) and cisplatin (Platinol), is it better to give gemcitabine first to reduce myelosuppression with every indication?
Have a clinical question for our oncology experts?
We're offering $10 iTunes gift cards to the first 5 questions submitted each month for our Ask A Pharmacist and Advisor Forum sections.
We'll showcase your question and our consultant's answer in an upcoming The Forum newsletter, online, and possibly in print as well.
Don't delay — CLICK HERE to submit your question today!
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- High-Fat Mediterranean Diet Can Protect Against Cancer
- Prophylactic Gynecologic Resections Increase Risk for Aggressive Uterine Cancer in BRCA Gene Mutation Carriers
- HPV Vaccination Program Reduces Cervical Cell Anomalies in Young Women
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Hypermutated Hotspots Are Biomarkers Predictive of Better Outcomes in Breast Cancer
- Helical APBI Delivers Targeted Dose of Adjuvant Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Cancer Risk Higher in Patients With Heart Failure After a First Heart Attack
- Routine Pap Smears Improve Cervical Cancer Risk in Women Older Than 65 Years
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|