Ask a Pharmacist
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
As summer approaches, many patients with CML who are taking oral chemotherapy drugs have questions about taking their drugs while traveling. What advice can we give them regarding this?
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Why do the antibody drugs have such long names?
Patients periodically ask about the use of marijuana in cancer treatment. Is there any data about this?
What are the most effective treatments for MS pain in patients with co-existing cancer?
How should severe mucositis from capecitabine (Xeloda) be managed?
Why do some drugs need a micron filter and what is the affect of using one?
When giving gemcitabine (Gemzar) and cisplatin (Platinol), is it better to give gemcitabine first to reduce myelosuppression with every indication?
In what sequence should you administer premedications prior to paclitaxel: Should the antihistamine be given first or the steroid?
Have a clinical question for our oncology experts?
We're offering $10 iTunes gift cards to the first 5 questions submitted each month for our Ask A Pharmacist and Advisor Forum sections.
We'll showcase your question and our consultant's answer in an upcoming The Forum newsletter, online, and possibly in print as well.
Don't delay — CLICK HERE to submit your question today!
- Phase 1 Study Results Show CAR T-cell Therapy Promising in Solid Brain Tumors
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Follow-up Calls, Clinician Assessment May Identify Patients Who Need Adherence Support
- A Review of Systemic Treatment in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Precision Medicine Resource Center Improves Patient Education
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Acupuncture Improves Management of Hot Flashes, Quality of Life in Breast Cancer
- Higher Vitamin D Levels Lower Risk of Cancer in Women
- Getting Started: Implementation of an Oncology Navigation Program That Meets Community Needs
- The First Call: The Importance of an Initial Assessment
- New Mechanism to Target RAS Genes Identified
- Previous Cancers Linked to Higher Rates for Death and New Cancers in Organ Transplantation Recipients
- Risk for Fatal Cardiovascular Events Not Increased in Patients With Breast Cancer Taking Aromatase Inhibitors
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|