Ask a Pharmacist
Chemotherapy agents are sometimes required to be administered in a specific sequence. What factors influence the need to follow a specific sequence?
What factors should be considered when calculating an adequate postmedication flush to deliver complete, accurate doses of small-volume IV medications to our patients?
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
During the summer, many patients with CML who are taking oral chemotherapy drugs have questions about taking their drugs while traveling. What advice can we give them regarding this?
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Why do the antibody drugs have such long names?
Patients periodically ask about the use of marijuana in cancer treatment. Is there any data about this?
What are the most effective treatments for MS pain in patients with co-existing cancer?
How should severe mucositis from capecitabine (Xeloda) be managed?
Why do some drugs need a micron filter and what is the affect of using one?
Have a clinical question for our oncology experts?
We're offering $10 iTunes gift cards to the first 5 questions submitted each month for our Ask A Pharmacist and Advisor Forum sections.
We'll showcase your question and our consultant's answer in an upcoming The Forum newsletter, online, and possibly in print as well.
Don't delay — CLICK HERE to submit your question today!
- Gene Expression Alters Bone Marrow Environment in MGUS, Leading to Multiple Myeloma
- How Can We Have a Cancer Cure Moonshot if We're Short of Fuel?
- Mimicking Fasting During Chemotherapy Enhances T Cell Activity in Preclinical Study
- Chronic Pain Is More Likely for Women Who Undergo Armpit Lymph Node Surgery for Breast Cancer
- Significant Increase in US Cancer Center Advertising Seen in Past Decade
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- USPSTF: Evidence Lacking to Recommend Full-body Skin Cancer Screens
- Advanced Cancer Patients Often Unaware That They Are More Optimistic About Their Prognosis Than Their Oncologists
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- VP Biden Talks About the Role of CancerLinQ at ASCO 2016
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|