Ask a Pharmacist
There is a lot of talk about biosimilar drugs. What makes a drug a biosimilar?
What is the interaction between oral chemotherapy and GERD medicines?
How should side effects of the new checkpoint inhibitor drugs be managed?
At my current clinic, hydration and mannitol are administered before premedications on a cisplatin regimen; at previous clinic, premeds and hydration were administered before mannitol. Does it make a difference?
Chemotherapy agents are sometimes required to be administered in a specific sequence. What factors influence the need to follow a specific sequence?
What factors should be considered when calculating an adequate postmedication flush to deliver complete, accurate doses of small-volume IV medications to our patients?
Some of our patients receive olanzapine (Zyprexa) as an antiemetic. Is this a typical use of this drug?
During the summer, many patients with CML who are taking oral chemotherapy drugs have questions about taking their drugs while traveling. What advice can we give them regarding this?
How is loratadine used to treat bone pain in patients receiving white blood cell growth factors?
Why do the antibody drugs have such long names?
Have a clinical question for our oncology experts?
We're offering $10 iTunes gift cards to the first 5 questions submitted each month for our Ask A Pharmacist and Advisor Forum sections.
We'll showcase your question and our consultant's answer in an upcoming The Forum newsletter, online, and possibly in print as well.
Don't delay — CLICK HERE to submit your question today!
- Novel Colonoscopy Prep Is Poised to Improve Screening Rates for Colon Cancer
- PPIs Negatively Impact Outcomes of Patients Treated With Capecitabine
- How Physical Changes From Breast Cancer Affect Self-Image: Considerations for Clinicians
- Clinical Use of Cabozantinib in the Treatment of Advanced Kidney Cancer: Efficacy, Safety, and Patient Selection
- Panobinostat Modestly Improves OS in Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Sugar and Cancer: Mitigating the Affects of Diet on Cancer
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Pseudohyperkalemia: False Potassium Levels Occur in a Patient With Lymphoma
- Atezolizumab Granted FDA Approval for Specific Cases of NSCLC
- Low-Dose Sublingual Fentanyl Safe, Effective in Patients Receiving Lower Opioid Doses
- High U.S. Economic Burden for Vaccine-Preventable Diseases
- Short-Term Intervention May Have Long-term Diet Effect in Hispanic Breast Cancer Survivors
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|