ASH 2011 Conference Coverage
For the first time, researchers have found that exposure to radioactive iodine is associated with more aggressive forms of thyroid cancer, according to a careful study of over a thousand individuals.
More women with breast cancer are opting for mastectomy rather than undergoing breast conservation surgery.
Women who take calcium channel blockers to treat their hypertension are not at increased risk for developing breast cancer.
All patients should be screened for nutritional status, even obese patients.
Psychosocial decline occurs in an estimated one-third of patients undergoing radiotherapy for cancer. These declines may sometimes be ameliorated by vigilant recognition of the need to refer patients for psychosocial support interventions.
Proportion undergoing testing varies by demographic and health-related factors, and by state, a study found.
Partial breast irradiation (APBI) with proton therapy, as opposed to whole breast irradiation (WBI), may prove more affordable and have a more beneficial length of treatment for patients with early stage breast cancer.
Patients with non-small lung cancer (NSCLC) that received postoperative radiation therapy (PORT) lived an average of 4 months longer, when compared with patients who had the same disease progression and treatment criteria.
Less than 20 percent of top-ranked health sites advise against screening for prostate cancer, a recommendation made by the USPSTF.
Circulating tumor cells can be detected well before the cancer becomes detectable on computed tomography (CT), according to new research, opening the possibility of early eradication of the primary cancer site.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Risk prediction improved by new classification in chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Treatment options for HER2-positive breast cancer
- Antimicrobial agent triclosan, used in soaps and detergents, may cause cancer
- The Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO) and co-researchers issue a report card on complementary therapies for breast cancer
- Disparities in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treatment based on race, treatment center
- A New Era is Coming up in the Treatment of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Early palliative care can cut hospital readmissions for cancer patients
- ONA Interview: Breaking the barriers to effective palliative care
- Fluorescent tattoos may improve self-esteem in patients receiving radiotherapy for breast cancer
- Cancer prehabilitation: One step toward improved outcomes
- Radiation exposure linked to aggressive thyroid cancers
- More patients opt for mastectomy despite limited, early-stage breast cancer
- Calcium channel blockers not found to increase risk of breast cancer
- Being overweight or obese may hide true nutritional status of patients with cancer
- Monitoring psychosocial function in radiotherapy
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|