ASH 2011 Conference Coverage
Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
Oncologic patients are among the main users of ICUs and are vulnerable to infections and adverse drug reactions. However, relatively simple processes of organization can reduce the risk of these problems.
Circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) has shorter fragment sizes than DNA fragments from healthy cells that have died, and this may increase the clinical utility of liquid biopsies.
Chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells may have improved therapeutic potential when they have 2 targets, according to preclinical findings using a mouse model.
Cognitive-behavioral therapy techniques can help patients with cancer turn their negative thoughts into positive attitudes, as well as find meaning and purpose to their life.
Using an online decision-support tool led to most men with low-risk prostate cancer choosing active surveillance with less conflict about their decision.
Although most adolescent survivors of childhood cancer have no reported psychological symptoms, those who do often have multiple symptoms and distinct symptom profiles.
New report doesn't change Task Force's prior statement on skin cancer screening issued in 2009
Advanced Cancer Patients Often Unaware That They Are More Optimistic About Their Prognosis Than Their Oncologists
Most patients with advanced cancer report far more optimistic expectations for survival prognosis than their oncologists because patients misunderstand their oncologists' clinical judgment.
There were no effective therapeutic options for advanced thyroid cancer until 5 years ago.
At the 2016 ASCO meeting, Vice President Joe Biden spoke about his vision for comprehensive data-sharing as part of the Cancer MoonShot initiative.
- Mimicking Fasting During Chemotherapy Enhances T Cell Activity in Preclinical Study
- Transforming the Care of Patients With Thyroid Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combination is Effective in Colorectal Cancer
- Blood Biomarker Is Predictive of Risk for Colon Cancer Recurrence
- Comprehensive Mental Health Screening Recommended for Some Childhood Cancer Survivors
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Nurse Residency Programs Can Impact Oncology Nursing Practice, Outcomes
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Clinician Communication, Adherence to Protocols, and Presence of Pharmacists Improve Outcomes in ICUs
- Identifying Smaller ctDNA Fragments Improves Sensitivity of Liquid Biopsy
- Dual Antigen Targeting by CAR T Cells Improves Immunotherapeutic Technique
- Using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Principles in Daily Patient Interactions
- Decision Support and Shared Decision Making Help Patients Choose Plan for Low-Risk Prostate Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|