ASH 2011 Conference Coverage
Do monoclonal antibodies other than daratumumab cause false positives in the blood antibody screen and crossmatch obtained prior to a transfusion?
Although use of medical co-management and rehabilitation services increasing for older patients with kidney cancer, consultation remains sparse for those undergoing surgery.
Alternative medicine was independently tied to greater mortality risk compared to conventional treatment, researchers found.
Data from 5 phase 2/3 studies demonstrate improved weight and body mass in patients with NSCLC receiving anamorelin.
As the use of checkpoint inhibitors increases in many types of cancer, oncology nurses need to learn to recognize the signs and symptoms of pneumonitis, a rare but life-threatening adverse effect of these agents.
Time to disease progression was significantly prolonged in patients with multiple myeloma who received lenalidomide therapy after ASCT.
Methotrexate, a medication used commonly in the treatment of arthritis, shows promise as a treatment for polycythemia vera, a blood cancer classified as a myeloproliferative neoplasm.
Inotuzumab ozogamicin (Besponsa), an antibody-drug conjugate comprised of a monoclonal antibody that targets CD22 linked to the cytotoxic agent calicheamicin, was granted FDA approval for the treatment of R/R B-cell precursor ALL.
Osteoporosis medications were found to reduce bone mineral density loss and risk of fracture in men with nonmetastatic prostate cancer being treated with androgen-deprivation therapy.
Results of a recent study demonstrated overall survival was better among women who underwent breast-conserving surgery vs mastectomy. Furthermore, best overall survival was achieved with adjuvant radiotherapy in the former group and systemic therapy in the latter group.
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women With Cancer: A Review of Available Interventions
- Osteoporosis Medication Improves Bone Health in ADT-Treated Prostate Cancer
- Inotuzumab Ozogamicin Granted FDA Approval for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Cabazitaxel in Prostate Cancer: Reduced Dose Noninferior to Standard Dose
- Risk of Some Cancers Higher in Women With a History of Periodontal Disease
- To Better Serve Patients With Cancer, Navigators Need Better Systems
- Physical Activity Improves Cognitive Function for Breast Cancer Survivors
- Risk of Lung Cancer Increases With Diets Higher in Saturated Fats
- Mechanisms Identified for Curcumin Resensitization of Cancer Cells
- Value of Type and Crossmatch Prior to Daratumumab Administration
- Affect of Daratumumab on Laboratory Blood Test Results
- Geriatric Consults Rare in Kidney Cancer Care
- Worse Survival Seen for Alternative Versus Usual Cancer Therapy
- Anorexia-Cachexia in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improved With Anamorelin
- Early Recognition of Checkpoint Inhibitor-Related Pneumonitis Improves Outcomes
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|