ASH 2011 Conference Coverage
Pain response—sensitivity and tolerance—after use of active cannabis differs between men and women.
Despite a higher risk for HPV-negative orophayngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OPSCC), poor oral health appears to be associated with OPSCC regardless of HPV status.
Treatment with methylnaltrexone was associated with improved overall survival in patients with advanced cancer.
Benefits of music-related interventions for patients with cancer range from a moderate-to-strong effect to a small reduction in symptoms for various effects of the disease and its treatment.
A novel sentinel lymph node (SLN) radiotracer, 99mTC-rituximab, demonstrated nearly 100% detection/success rate in SLN and metastasis in breast cancer.
The 70-gene signature test, in combination with standard clinical-pathologic criteria, may help clinicians decide whether patients with early stage breast cancer who are at high clinical risk require adjuvant chemotherapy.
Patients with localized melanoma see their supportive care needs peak at their initial cancer diagnosis and if they experience disease recurrence.
Danish researchers identified a microRNA shown to predict whether a patient with colorectal cancer would be resistant to oxaliplatin treatment, a discovery that holds promise of improving both current treatment options and development of future treatment strategies.
Most clinicians support use of integrative services for hospitalized patients, and most referrals for these services are nurse-driven, a NIH-funded study conducted at a large tertiary care facility has shown.
Daratumumab plus bortezomib and dexamethasone improves progression-free survival in multiple myeloma.
- PMPS: A Common Late Effect of Surgery and Radiation for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Tumors Often a Composite of Tumor Types, Enhancing Treatment Resistance
- Daratumumab Plus Len-Dex an Encouraging Combo for Multiple Myeloma
- Bone Marrow vs Bloodstream: Stem Cell Source Influences Transplantation Outcomes
- Nurses Are Key to Referrals to Inpatient Integrative Medicine Services
- Exercise is as Effective in Treating Metastatic Prostate Cancer as Medication
- Walnut Consumption Changes Gut Microbiome, Decreases Growth of Colon Cancer in Mice
- Triple-Drug Therapy Produces Response in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, Mouse Study Shows
- Vaccine Enters Phase I Study for Safety and Effectiveness in Multiple Myeloma
- Study Supports Increased Role for Surgery in Multimodality Therapy for Early Stage SCLC
- Analgesic Effects of Cannabis Is Different Between Men and Women
- Poor Oral Health Associated With OPSCC Regardless of HPV Status
- Methylnaltrexone Linked to Improved Survival in Advanced Cancer
- Music Interventions Improve Cancer and Treatment Symptoms
- Novel Radiotracer Is Near Perfect in Detecting Sentinel Lymph Node in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|