ASH 2010 Conference Coverage
Patient Illness Understanding Is Influenced by Recent Prognosis and Life Expectancy Discussions With Oncology Clinicians
Patients with advanced cancer have a better understanding of the terminal nature of their illnesses if they have had recent discussions with their oncologists about prognosis/life expectancy.
Scientists discovered the compound eCF506. This compound was more effective than existing medicines at targeting breast cancer cells because it more selectively inhibited SRC tyrosine kinase.
A potential cancer therapy with a unique strategy to block the mTOR molecule has been designed. This new mTOR-inhibiting compound reduced the size of tumors resistant to earlier-generation mTOR inhibitors.
ASCO Statement Seeks to Balance Prescription Opioids for Patients With Cancer and Misuse and Abuse Prevention
ASCO addresses the complex issues surrounding prescription opioids in a new policy statement. ASCO supports the efforts of multiple federal offices and agencies to prevent and respond to prescription drug abuse, and is also working to protect access to appropriate medical opioid therapy for patients with cancer.
The US FDA has granted Priority Review to ofatumumab used in combination with fludarabine and cyclophosphamide for the treatment of chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
Vitamin D and androgen receptor-targeted therapy successfully reduced growth and induced death of cancerous cells in a cell culture model of triple-negative breast cancer.
The 2016 consensus statement from the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) describes how to best manage EGFR-mutation-positive NSCLC.
The National Cancer Moonshot needs to target proteins that are driving cancer rather than focusing only on genomics, a new paper suggests.
Study cites several measures needed to ensure the safety of health care workers on the job, including violence prevention strategies, national policy changes, and a shift in overall mind-set.
Radiation therapy delivered to the critical vessels surrounding the prostate can result in erectile dysfunction and bladder and renal irritation. Vessel-sparing radiation and an improved understanding of the anatomy of the prostate can reduce these effects.
- Herbal Remedies May Be an Overlooked Global Health Hazard
- Specific Lifestyle Factors Can Significantly Affect Cancer Mortality
- New Research Questions Recommendations Regarding PSA Tests for Prostate Cancer Screening
- Vitamin D and Androgen Receptor-Targeted Therapy Are Effective in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Adhering to Patient Preferences Improves Patient Comfort During Skin Cancer Screening
- Overall Benefits of Vaporized Nicotine Products Outweigh Harms, Says International Panel of Experts
- Implementing a Distress Screening Process for Cancer Patients
- Initiating Palliative Care in the Emergency Department
- Cancer-related Neuropathy May Respond to Gene Therapy
- Socioeconomic Benefits of Marriage Improve Survival Among Married Patients
- Patient Illness Understanding Is Influenced by Recent Prognosis and Life Expectancy Discussions With Oncology Clinicians
- SRC Kinase Inhibitor Could Be a New Treatment for Breast Cancer
- Drug-Resistant Cancer May Be Combatted With New Generation mTOR Inhibitors
- ASCO Statement Seeks to Balance Prescription Opioids for Patients With Cancer and Misuse and Abuse Prevention
- FDA Accepts Ofatumumab in Combination with Fludarabine and Cyclophosphamide for Priority Review
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|