ASCOMP w. CODEINE CIII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Codeine phosphate 30mg, butalbital 50mg, aspirin 325mg, caffeine 40mg; caps.
Breckenridge Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ASCOMP w. CODEINE:
Tension (or muscle contraction) headache.
1–2 caps every 4 hours, as needed; max 6 caps/day. Use lowest effective dose for shortest period of time.
NSAID allergy. Porphyria. Bleeding or coagulation disorders. Peptic ulcer.
Renal or hepatic impairment; monitor liver/renal function tests. Acute abdomen. Asthma. Bleeding disorders. Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Impaired thyroid or adrenocortical function. GI or GU obstruction. Ultra-rapid metabolizers of codeine (may experience overdose symptoms). Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
CNS effects may be enhanced by MAOIs. Concomitant corticosteroids: withdrawal of corticosteroid may result in salicylism. May potentiate oral anticoagulants, oral antidiabetics and insulin, 6-mercaptopurine and methotrexate, NSAIDs, other narcotic analgesics, alcohol, general anesthetics, tranquilizers, sedative-hypnotics, other CNS depressants. May diminish effects of uricosuric agents.
Opioid + barbiturate + salicylate + stimulant.
Drowsiness, dizziness, intoxicated feeling, GI upset/pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Age Not a Deterrent to Immunotherapy for Malignant Melanoma
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|