Zoledronic acid and clodranate are the recommended bisphosphonates for the adjuvant treatment of postmenopausal patients with breast cancer.
ASCO endorses ACS head and neck survivorship care guideline, which supports health promotion, especially regarding tobacco cessation and dental care.
Patients who speak to an oncology nurse prior to their first appointment are significantly more likely to be retained for their treatment.
A hematologic multidisciplinary oral chemotherapy clinic established at a community hospital identified adverse events early and reduced ED visits.
Among patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms, men with primary myelofibrosis diagnosed after 2006 are at the highest risk of developing secondary acute myeloid leukemia (AML).
ASCO has laid out a game plan to set the stage for incorporating new therapies and approaches into clinical guidelines as quickly and accurately as possible.
Researchers found tracking symptoms and alerting doctors to problems early led to longer survival for patients with lung cancer.
ASCO has published its first clinical practice guideline on invasive cervical cancer, and the guidelines are the first to offer treatment recommendations tailored to resource availability.
Three in four of young or middle-aged patients with terminal cancer receive aggressive therapies in their last months of life.
The American Society for Clinical Oncology has developed guidelines for the management and palliative care of women diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer.
ASCO Statement Seeks to Balance Prescription Opioids for Patients With Cancer and Misuse and Abuse PreventionMay 31, 2016
ASCO addresses the complex issues surrounding prescription opioids in a new policy statement. ASCO supports the efforts of multiple federal offices and agencies to prevent and respond to prescription drug abuse, and is also working to protect access to appropriate medical opioid therapy for patients with cancer.
Oncologists should raise awareness of HPV-related cancers and role of vaccinations
Guideline on muscle-invasive and metastatic bladder cancer, with qualifying statements
A new clinical practice guideline on the appropriate use of tests for breast tumor biomarkers was issued by ASCO.
Qualifications to guidelines include stronger statements in favor of chemotherapy in some cases.
Treating advanced melanoma patients with either a combination of nivolumab and ipilimumab, or nivolumab alone, significantly increases progression-free survival (PFS) when compared with ipilimumab alone.
Survival gains observed when elotuzumab was added to treatment.
Removing extra tissue can halve the chances of requiring a second surgery in breast cancer.
For some patients with advanced melanoma, surgical removal of the lymph nodes surrounding their tumor may not be needed.
Fewer side effects, longer survival for nivolumab versus docetaxel seen in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Significant clinical variations have been identified among patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
A preliminary Australian study saw association between nicotinamide and lower rates of non-melanoma skin cancers.
Researchers report 3 percent annual rise in intermediate- and high-risk cases
When active surveillance is chosen, survival for intermediate-risk disease may be decreased.
Individuals who've had testicular cancer may be at increased risk for prostate cancer, but the overall risk is low, according to a study.
Guideline outlines recommended follow-up care for prostate cancer survivors
Certain types of cancer patients tended to have lower vitamin D levels
The endorsed guideline outlines use of adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after surgery for prostate cancer.
A majority of of palliative care clinicians report burnout, according to a study, with the greatest risk of burnout for younger clinicians and those working more than 50 hours per week
Most patients use lifestyle-altering strategies and about 40 percent adopt a care-altering strategy to manage financial distress associated with their cancer care.
- Novel Blood Test Detects Cancer, Locates Tumor Without Invasive Procedures
- Cabozantinib Activates Innate Immune Response, Eliminating Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Treatment of Breast Cancer with Trastuzumab May Lead to Improved Results
- Colorectal Cancer Rates Increased Sharply Among Generation X and Millennials
- Pneumonia Associated With Common Cold May Cause Fatal Illness in Stem Cell Transplant Recipients
- Early Palliative Care Reduced ICU Use in Patients With Advanced Cancer
- Ginger Extract Raises Antioxidant Levels in Patients Undergoing Chemotherapy
- Nurse Navigators Improve Physician Engagement in Pretreatment Discussions
- Screening Increases Early Palliative Care, Reduces Aggressive EOL Measures
- Antiperspirants/Deodorants and Breast Cancer (Fact Sheet)
- Genome Sequencing Explains Resistance to CTLA-4 and PD-1 Inhibitors in Metastatic Melanoma
- Lifestyle Choices Have Greater Influence on Colon and Rectal Cancer Risk
- Kidney Cancer Metastases in Lung May Hide Undiagnosed Primary Lung Cancer
- Nasal Biomarker in Smokers Could Predict Lung Cancer
- Arm Lymphoscintigraphy After Axillary Lymph Node Dissection or Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|