ONA Annual Meeting 2016 Live Coverage
There were no effective therapeutic options for advanced thyroid cancer until 5 years ago.
At the 2016 ASCO meeting, Vice President Joe Biden spoke about his vision for comprehensive data-sharing as part of the Cancer MoonShot initiative.
Funding, informatics system, clinical data capture, and European data protection legislation were considered the greatest barriers to effective data sharing.
Cbimetinib and atezolizumab was well tolerated and demonstrated encouraging clinical activity in microsatellite stable colorectal cancer (CRC).
Mogamulizumab induced an encouraging response rate in patients with relapsed/refractory adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma.
Adding a second autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) to standard therapy improves outcomes for pediatric patients with high-risk neuroblastoma.
A Web application called Moovcare that guides follow-up improved survival for patients with advanced lung cancer after receiving initial therapy.
MYL-1401O is comparable in efficacy and safety to the anti-HER2 monoclonal antibody trastuzumab as frontline therapy in breast cancer.
More transparency regarding the costs of various treatment regimens in real time is needed to "choose wisely" for patients, providers, and payers.
Physical exercise may have a direct effect on cancer that is as effective as drugs for treating patients with prostate cancer, even for those with advanced stages of the disease.
- Increased 5-Year Survival Rate Seen in NSCLC Subset Treated With Nivolumab
- Health Care Expansion Tied to Increased Rates of Surgical Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
- Including a PI3-Kinase Inhibitor with an PARP Inhibitor Improves Tumor Shrinkage in Patients with Resistant Ovarian Cancer
- JAK1, JAK2 Inhibition Improves Outcomes in Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, But More Is Needed
- Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer Responds to Abiraterone Acetate in Some Cases
- Exercise, Psychological Interventions Better for Cancer Fatigue Than Medications
- ASCO Issues Global Guidance for HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer Prevention
- Discharge Events Improved With Standardized Inpatient Palliative Care Consultation
- Little Opposition to Early Palliative Care for Symptom Management in Pediatric Oncology
- Physical Activity Improves Outcomes for Patients with Breast Cancer and Survivors
- Primary Care Physicians Surveyed on Breast Cancer Screening Practices
- Low Acculturated Latina Women Reported Breast Cancer Treatment Experience Differently Than Other Groups
- Cost and Complication Rates Differ Among Early Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Distress Management Tool Gets an Update, Patient Version
- PSA Screening Rates Level Off in United States
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|