Enzalutamide may be a viable alternative therapy over cytotoxic chemotherapy for individuals with triple-negative breast cancer, according to a study presented at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting.
Detection of human papillomavirus (HPV)16 DNA in oral rinses following treatment for HPV-positive oropharyngeal carcinoma could be a potential tool for long-term tumor surveillance, a study concluded at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting.
Modifying pediatric cancer treatments may reduce occurrence of late effects and promoting early detection, indicated data from a 5-year analysis of childhood cancers survivors presented at ASCO 2015.
Radiosurgery and close monitoring is recommended to better preserve cognitive function in newly diagnosed brain metastases.
Elective neck dissection in clinically node-negative early oral squamous cell carcinoma should be considered the standard of care.
Treatment-naïve patients with advanced melanoma had significantly better clinical outcomes with nivolumab alone or in combination with ipilimumab.
PET-CT guided active surveillance for patients with locally advanced head and neck squamous cell cancer is an option over node dissection, per analysis data presented at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting.
The anti-PD-1 monoclonal antibody, pembrolizumab (MK-3475), demonstrated promising antitumor activity in advanced gastric cancer, according to a study presented at the 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting.
Aspirin exposure after a colorectal cancer diagnosis was independently associated with improved colorectal cancer-specific survival.
The adverse event profile of nivolumab with or without ipilimumab in patients with glioblastoma was encouraging.
Addition of SIRT Fails to Improve Overall Progression-free Survival in Colorectal Cancer Liver MetastasesMay 31, 2015
Addition of selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) failed to improve progression-free survival in non-resectable colorectal cancer liver metastases.
mFOLFOX6 administered concurrently with radiation therapy resulted in a higher pathological complete response in rectal cancer.
In patients with metastatic colorectal cancer treated with chemotherapy plus biologics, increased vitamin D levels have been linked to improved survival, according to information presented at the ASCO 2015 Annual Meeting.
Higher mortality is associated with more narrow margins for high-risk primary melanoma, per research presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2015 Annual Meeting in Chicago.
A combination of radiofrequency ablation and systemic chemotherapy was associated with improved long-term overall survival in patients with unresectable colorectal cancer liver metastases, according to data presented at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology annual meeting.
A new meta-analysis of 26 factors has resulted in an internationally applicable prognostic index for patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, according to study results presented at 2015 ASCO Annual Meeting.
When is chemotherapy or radium 223 the optimal treatment for men with advanced prostate cancer?
As of 2012 in the U.S. there were 14 million cancer survivors, a number that is expected to grow to 18 million by 2022.
Safety profile of MEDI4736 in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck is manageable.
Pembrolizumab plus low-dose ipilimumab combination considered to have an acceptable safety profile in melanoma or renal cell carcinoma.
Patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with nivolumab demonstrated tolerability consistent with prior trails, according to data from a phase IIIb/IV trial presented at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting.
Outcome prediction for postmenopausal patients with node-positive HR+ early breast cancer can be improved using a diagnostic assay, potentially negating the need for adjuvant chemotherapy, according to a study presented at ASCO 2015.
Letrozole significantly reduced the rate of late invasive breast cancer events in postmenopausal women who had completed 4+ years of adjuvant endocrine therapy for HR+ breast cancer, the LATER trial concluded at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting.
Early intervention should be offered to young women with breast cancer on ovarian function suppression and tamoxifen, who experience poorer quality of life (QOL) in the early survivorship period, according to a study presented at the 2015 American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting.
- Immunotherapy May Benefit Some Patients with Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma
- Screening Recommendations for Children with Common Cancer Predisposition Syndromes
- Significance of Prostate Cancer Treatment-Related Factors Differ in Black, White Men
- New Study Questions Standard Dosage for Treating Metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Superior Tolerability, Efficacy With Alectinib in Treatment-Naïve ALK-poistive NSCLC
- Survivorship Care Plans: Providing A Blueprint for Health Care After Cancer
- Cancer Recurrence Fear Reduced by Novel Psychological Intervention
- Multifaceted Role of the Nurse Navigator Includes Palliative, Supportive Care
- Patient Navigators Found to Boost Lung Cancer Screening Rates
- Lack of Transfusion Services a Barrier to Hospice Care for Patients With Blood Cancers
- Breast Cancer Overdiagnosis Also a Result of Screening Mammography Programs
- Use of Aspirin, NSAIDs Correlates with Improved Overall Survival in Colorectal Cancer
- Cancer Risk Not Increased by Childhood Exposure to Diagnostic Radiation
- Aspirin Use May Lower Breast Cancer Risk in Women with Diabetes
- Ethnic Differences, Cultural Barriers Negatively Impact Mammography Follow-up Among Asian Ethnic Groups
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|