ASCO Conference Coverage
Certain types of cancer patients tended to have lower vitamin D levels
The endorsed guideline outlines use of adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after surgery for prostate cancer.
A majority of of palliative care clinicians report burnout, according to a study, with the greatest risk of burnout for younger clinicians and those working more than 50 hours per week
Most patients use lifestyle-altering strategies and about 40 percent adopt a care-altering strategy to manage financial distress associated with their cancer care.
Despite its acceptance as standard of care neary 25 years ago, barriers still exist that preclude patients from receiving breast conserving therapy (BCT), according to research presented at the ASCO 2014 Breast Cancer Symposium.
A new immunotherapy vaccine candidate for breast cancer shows promise, having reduced recurrence rate by more than fifty percent.
Recommendations are for men whose tumors have grown resistant to hormonal therapies were issued jointly by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and Cancer Care Ontario (CCO) in Canada.
Women overdue for mammogram respond better to postcard plus reminder letter from family physician.
Celebrity story helped double rates of genetic testing in following six months at one cancer center.
Women with breast cancer who have a double mastectomy are at higher risk of certain complications than those who have a single mastectomy, though the overall complication rate associated with breast cancer surgery is small.
- E-cigarettes declared a health threat by California health officials
- New study helps physicians and patients determine prostate cancer risk
- Study makes a case for wider gene testing in patients with colorectal cancer
- Effectiveness of nanoparticle drugs was hindered by tumor microenvironment in triple-negative breast cancer
- Existing drug extends survival for patients with rare thymic carcinoma
- Oncology patient navigation: Bringing this crucial role to the forefront
- Radiation plus hormone therapy prolongs survival for older men with prostate cancer
- Mistletoe: The holiday plant is making headlines as an alternative cancer treatment
- Using genomic correlates of radiotoxicity to predict patient outcomes
- Therapy dogs may encourage cancer patient to persevere with treatment
- Research promising for reducing risk of breast cancer spreading to the brain
- Biopsies with DCIS diagnosis increase for women undergoing mammography
- Fear of cancer may have unwanted effect on public screening uptake
- PDE-5 inhibitors increase risk of biochemical recurrence after radical prostatectomy
- Many breast cancer patients lack basic knowledge about their disease
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|