Generic Name and Formulations:
Exemestane 25mg; tabs.
Indications for AROMASIN:
In postmenopausal women: adjuvant treatment of estrogen-receptor positive early breast cancer after 2–3yrs of tamoxifen therapy to complete a total of 5yrs of hormonal therapy; advanced breast cancer with disease progression after tamoxifen therapy.
Give after a meal. 25mg once daily. Concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (see Interactions): 50mg once daily.
Not for treatment in premenopausal women. Osteoporosis; assess bone mineral density (BMD) at start of treatment. Monitor all patients for BMD loss and treat as appropriate. Perform routine assessment of Vit. D levels prior to initiation; supplement if deficient. Hepatic or renal impairment. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy. Females of reproductive potential: should undergo pregnancy testing within 7 days prior to initiation; use effective contraception during and for 1 month after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after final dose).
Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampicin, phenytoin, carbamazepine, phenobarbital, St. John’s wort).
Hot flashes, fatigue, arthralgia, headache, insomnia, increased sweating, nausea, increased appetite; reductions in BMD.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- Presence of Iris Pigmented Lesions Indicates Melanoma Risk
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Ciprofloxacin Plus Doxycycline Reduces Infection Rate in Multiple Myeloma Post-ASCT
- Prognostic Significance of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Expression in Glioma Patients
- Fathers Can Pass Inherited Ovarian Cancer Risk to Daughters
- Modified XELIRI Noninferior to FOLFIRI for OS in Metastatic Colorectal Cancer
- Nabilone Improves Cancer-Associated Anorexia in Lung Cancer
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|