ARMOUR THYROID Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Thyroid 15mg (¼ grain), 30mg (½ grain), 60mg (1 grain), 90mg (1 + ½ grain), 120mg (2 grains), 180mg (3 grains)+, 240mg (4 grains), 300mg (5 grains)+; tabs; +scored. Each grain of thyroid contains liothyronine (T3) 9mcg and levothyroxine (T4) 38mcg.
Indications for ARMOUR THYROID:
Hypothyroidism: initially 30mg daily (long-standing myxedema: initially 15mg daily); increase by 15mg every 2–3 weeks; usual maintenance: 60–120mg daily. Myxedema coma: see literature.
Hypothyroidism: <6months: 4.8–6mg/kg daily. 6–12months: 3.6–4.8mg/kg daily; 1–5yrs: 3–3.6mg/kg daily; 6–12yrs: 2.4–3mg/kg daily; ≥12yrs: 1.2–1.8mg/kg daily.
Uncorrected adrenocortical insufficiency. Untreated thyrotoxicosis.
Not for treatment of obesity. Cardiovascular disease, angina, elderly: use lower initial dose. Adrenocortical insufficiency. Monitor for craniosynostosis in infants. Pregnancy (Cat.A). Nursing mothers.
Monitor oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics. Estrogens affect thyroid function tests. Toxicity with large doses of sympathomimetics (e.g., anorectics).
T3 and T4 (porcine derived).
Hyperthyroidism, transient hair loss in children.
Tabs 15mg, 90mg, 240mg, 300mg—100; 30mg, 120mg, 180mg—100, 1000; 60mg—100, 1000, 5000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|