ARCAPTA NEOHALER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Indacaterol 75mcg; inhalation pwd hard capsules for use with Neohaler device.
Indications for ARCAPTA NEOHALER:
Long-term maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with COPD, including chronic bronchitis and/or emphysema.
For oral inhalation use only with Neohaler device; do not swallow caps. Remove cap from blister pack immediately before use. Inhale contents of one 75mcg cap daily.
LABA use in asthma patients without use of long-term control medication.
LABAs increase risk of asthma-related death. Not recommended for treating asthma or acute deteriorations of COPD. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for primary treatment of acute symptoms. Prescribe a short-acting β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (esp. coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Convulsive disorders. Thyrotoxicosis. Hyperresponsiveness to sympathomimetics. Hypokalemia. Hyperglycemia. Diabetes. Ketoacidosis. Severe hepatic impairment. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Avoid other sympathomimetics (except short-acting bronchodilators). Extreme caution with MAOIs, tricyclics, others that prolong QTc interval. Antagonized by β-blockers. K+-depleting diuretics, theophylline, aminophylline, steroids may potentiate hypokalemia.
Long-acting beta-2 agonist (LABA).
Cough, oropharyngeal pain, nasopharyngitis, headache, nausea; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue immediately and use alternative therapy).
Blister pack—30 + one Neohaler device
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- A Witness to Letting Go: Nursing Care at the End of Life
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Intervention Improves Breast Cancer Survivors' Memory Contentment
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Patients With Head and Neck Cancer Have Greater Chance of Being Prescribed Opioids
- Medical Terms in Patient Education: Using the Confusing to Explain the Complicated
- Bedside Assessment Tool Improves Worst Pain in Patients With Cancer
- Androgen-Deprivation Therapy for Prostate Cancer May Cause Nocturia, Sleep Disturbance
- USPSTF Rates Ovarian Cancer Screening a D for Asymptomatic, Low-Risk Women
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|