APTENSIO XR CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Methylphenidate HCl 10mg, 15mg, 20mg, 30mg, 40mg, 50mg, 60mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for APTENSIO XR:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
Adults and Children:
Individualize. Swallow whole or may open capsule and sprinkle contents onto applesauce. <6yrs: not established. ≥6yrs: 10mg once daily in the AM. May titrate dose in weekly increments of 10mg/day. Max 60mg/day. Discontinue if no improvement after dose adjustment over a 1-month period.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Abuse potential (monitor). Increased risk of sudden death, stroke, and MI; assess for presence of cardiac disease before initiating. Avoid in known structural cardiac abnormalities, cardiomyopathy, serious arrhythmias, coronary artery disease, and other cardiac problems. Pre-existing psychotic disorder. Bipolar disorder. Screen for risk factors in developing manic episode prior to initiating. Consider discontinuing if new psychotic/manic symptoms occur. Peripheral vasculopathy including Raynaud's phenomenon; monitor for digital changes. Monitor growth (esp. children), BP, HR. Reduce dose or discontinue if paradoxical worsening of symptoms occurs. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: monitor infants.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with concomitant MAOIs. Risk of serotonin syndrome with serotonergic drugs.
Abdominal pain, decreased appetite, headache, insomnia; hypertension, tachycardia, priapism.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
- Managing Chemo Brain in Pediatric Survivors of Childhood Cancer
- Aggressive Therapy Provides No Additional Advantage in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Excretion of Volatile Organic Compounds Higher in AYAs Using Vaping Products
- FDA, ASHP Actions to Prevent or Manage Chemotherapy Drug Shortages
- Risk for Cardiovascular Disease Higher in Survivors of Testicular Cancer
- Various Aspects of Palliative Care Focus Associated With Different Outcomes In Cancer
- Cost vs Benefits: The Controversy Over Proton Beam Radiotherapy
- Patient Expectations at Odds With Actual Outcomes for Radiotherapy in Breast Cancer
- Patients Desire More Online Tools and Access
- Metformin Plus Ruxolitinib: A Potential Therapeutic Alternative for Myeloproliferative Neoplasms
- Sexual Quality of Life Decreased During, After Chemotherapy for Digestive Cancers
- CHEMO-SUPPORT: A Nursing Intervention to Relieve Chemotherapy Symptom Burden
- Approach and Management of Checkpoint Inhibitor-related Immune Hepatitis
- Revised AJCC8 Demonstrates Superior Tumor Classification for HNCSCC
- Oral Androgen Receptor Inhibitor Granted FDA Approval for Nonmetastatic CRPC
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|